1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your top 5 rappers or singer.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Jun 3, 2018.

1. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I 'discovered' him last Summer. I adore music and I have never heard a guy sing like this before. I have heard many mention the same thing as you do here. Often people say that his performances could be used in epic films and so on.

Dimash Kudaibergen - SOS d'un terrien en détresse - YouTube

This is the first performance of his that I saw. He was 22 at the time and entered as a wild card for established Chinese contestants in a show called The Singer. He was sent out first and he did this! :eek: The audience are the judges and safe to say he won the first round straight off the bat. What I would have given to be in the room on that night, haha. :p He sings this French song phonetically. He has performed in 14 different languages even though he only speaks Kazakh and Russian as his mother tongues. He is a multi instrumentalist and he started formal singing training from the age of 5...

2. He's very talented for sure! Thanks for post about him here. Got quite a vocal range, and I even heard some upper register notes that might be whistle register which is quite hard to master I've heard. It's so awesome to learn about new artists from a part of the world you don't know much about musically.

===================================
    I forgot out this guy:

I think he might edge out Elizabeth Frazer :D

Seriously though the guy's weird, but the song is catchy.

Takeo Ishi is also a close follow up.

3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Indeed. He covers four octaves in this song, but has a range of seven. :eek:
    Wow. Weird, yeah. o_O
    A Japanese yodeler, lmao! :D Who is more nuts? Takeo or Vitas? :p

4. Wow. I struggle with just one lol. Can't imagine having that kind of range. I thought six was the max humans could do. Seven?!

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, I know! :D Even singers that are highly rated, such as Freddie Mercury, could only reach four octaves. Some of the notes Dimash sings are off the piano! :p

7. BACKINCONTROL

BACKINCONTROL Fapstronaut

Roki Vulovic
    Baja Mali Knidza
    Marko Thompson Petkovic
    Eduart Sokoli
    Miro Semberac

8. I was thinking of Freddie Mercury. Incidentally got to see his birth house in Zanzibar, Tanzania while I was there. Was also thinking of Frankie Valli. I'm amazed that being able to sing in a seven octave range is even possible. Some people have all the luck lol. Or maybe he trained himself to be able to do that.

9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is cool. So many mistakenly think he was born in India. :rolleyes:
    I think he must have the natural talent for it. But he is a dedicated hard worker. He practices at least three hours a day. He also does deep diving to increase his ability to sustain notes for a long time. :eek:

10. His family was Farsi I believe. And a lot of people from South Asia- like Pakistan, Iran and India- live in East Africa. I was quite surprised when I found it because I had no idea before then that he was born anywhere else than good ol' England. Not that I thought about it much :p. Still I had to do a double take. When I saw it I thought it might be a trick or something lol- I just wasn't expecting to see the birthplace of a famous rockstar there. Coconut trees, beautiful beaches, and a lot of cool architecture, but not Freddie Mercury's childhood home.

Interesting, how does deep diving help with this?

11. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

What a wonderful surprise for you to discover this in Stone Town! Happenstance I guess. :D

Yes, they were Parsi-Indian family. Only his sister Kashmir is still alive. Here is a brief editorial about his parents and how the Bulsara family came to be in Zanzibar and then England. His mother speaks with such warm and unconditional love. :)

Who were Freddie Mercury's parents? Queen singer's family explained - Smooth (smoothradio.com)

I have no idea lol. I assume it has something to do with increasing lung capacity.

12. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

"Keep ya head up" and do a little research into some Tupac lyrics...or not, to ignore is to remain ignorant.

13. Yeah it was quite the treat lol. Nobody else I know can say they've been to Freddy Mercury's childhood home.

Thanks for sharing! Interesting I didn't know they had to flee because of the Zanzibar revolution. I know the insurgents targeted Arabs and people of South Asian descent, so Mercury's family would have been on the hit list. They were reacting to the Arabs on the island holding onto the power they enjoyed under the Sultanate and refusing to share it with native Africans.

Makes you think what would have happened if he had stayed in Zanzibar/ India.

I guess. I'm still having a little trouble seeing how being able to hold your breath for long periods of time translates into being able to sustain a note for a long period of time. But hey I'm no expert and Dimash is obviously doing something right lol so I'll have to take his word on it.

14. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Respect! R.EYE.P.

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

:)
    Yeah, glad they got out.
    This song was written specifically for Dimash and the opening ceremony of the II European games in Minsk in 2019. He doesn't speak Italian, but his pronunciation in this is flawless apparently. :eek: It is another epic vocal display from Dimash.

Dimash - Olympico | WorldSkills Kazan 2019 - YouTube

16. :D Thanks for the share. I think he ranges here from bass to soprano. Didn't even know a man could sing soprano lol. I assume he's using whistle register to achieve that. And I noticed he uses a vocal fry technique that sounds almost like growling to hit really low notes.

I can imagine him joining a choir somewhere and the director's like "Do you think bass or tenor" and he's like "both of them and alto and soprano too".

17. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, amazing! :D

18. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

1. Louis Armstrong
    2. Billie Holiday
    3. TK from Ling Tosite Sigure (Japanese Singer)
    4. Miku Nakamura (lead singer of Co Shu Nice and another Japanese Singer)
    5. Johnny Cash

My list is a bit werid but I like to listen to all sorts of different styles and genres.