35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I relapsed again today, I had a vague recognition of the triggers/behaviors coming on but they kind of crept in and I just couldn't summon the clarity and conviction to act decisively to step away from the computer and take alternative action.

I need to gain more alertness and quickness in switching gears and also gain some more patience and tolerance when it comes to my difficult emotions and physical sensations.

It was a one time relapse and I am back on the horse am focused on getting through tonight, tomorrow and the weekend and then next week to recover my energy so I can start working soon and will just get to sleep on time tonight so I can hit the ground running tomorrow morning. One another change that I'm going to make is to try to review my values at the top of every hour and hope that this plants seeds that will help me act more decisively going forward

Any advice or feedback on how to achieve this change is welcomed and appreciated.

2. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Hello @Sam78 I know exactly how you feel, I was sending emails tonight fighting through urges, to get out of the situation I had to come away from desk and make.a coffee.

To further escape the urges I had a little gaming but I kept thinking about this storm and what to do, so I now find myself on route to the gym.

Having a long shower helps, Going for a.walk with podcast on works just getting out in fresh air does.wonders day or night.

3. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Happy Friday everyone - keep strong in the faith that we are all together in this fight.

Sam78, Mara43, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  4. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

It's been a while since I posted, I relapsed. And it's good that im still onboard.

Sam78, GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  5. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Well done mate!

Sam78, JJ_Kino, Mara43 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Checking in day 30.
    Well done @Musketeers. Let's dominate another week. No fuckups allowed!

Sam78, JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and 3 others like this.
  7. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Hi everyone hope you’re doing good.
    Managed to get a streak going for the first time in ages. I’ve been doing a bit of self hypnosis and positive autosuggestion along the lines of Emile Coue’s technique and finding it really useful. Helps with sleep and anxiety as well so I can recommend it:)

8. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

9. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

When I feel rejected by my wife - auto relapse. Dumb.

I’m back to 0.5 days.

born3, Sam78 and JJ_Kino like this.
  10. Checking in day 212

I loved your post and totally agree!

@Hope23 are you OK?

Happy weekend to all!

11. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I appreciate your empathy and the suggestions, it really helps to be understood. I'll try to step away and move a little and I can a shower being helpful.

Just curious, do you have any favorite podcasts?
    Does anyone else have suggestions they might be open to sharing as well?

Maybe we can listen together and have one more thing to discuss on here, might help foster even more closeness...

I heard about this one just yesterday http://thisistheread.com/episodes

Mara43 and JJ_Kino like this.
  12. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Hi Mara!

I congratulate you on so many days.
    How do you feel after the operation, I hope everything is fine?

Thanks for the question. It's nice to feel that someone is interested in how I'm doing.

I don't know what to say, I don't have much more to say... Lately I've been very sad because I don't have an erection and I can't satisfy my wife.

I know that this is not the main thing in life, but it is very important for a man.
    And I don't understand why nothing improves when I give up masturbation, but everything has become worse with erection, so I did MO when I reached 300 days.

I understand that I got desperate and shouldn't have done it, but what's done is done. I get up and live on and try to live with my weak erection and hope that someday things will get better for me...

Mara43, Frassvelli, born3 and 2 others like this.
  13. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am back at Day 0. I don't like to admit it but I know that I won't improve unless I am honest and hold myself accountable and remain open to others doing the same.

I am planning to live hour to hour now and review my goals/codex at the top of every hour as a way to keep myself motivated and focused and see how this goes over the next week.

14. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Hey my bro what are you Into? There's plenty of podcasts, right now I've been listening to a lot of health and nutrition podcasts old and new, NFL draft was 2 weeks a go so been listening to a lot of that too.

Health and Nutrition
    Danny Roddy & Georgi Dinkov - Generative Energy
    Hans Amato - TestoNation podcast
    Mike Change - Body Over Mind

There's so many, sports, health, gaming etc to choose from those are just my favorites for the minute.

Can't go wrong with a bit of Joe Rogan either.

Cheers

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    Sam78 and born3 like this.
  15. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Day 25. Checking in.

I'm absolutely buzzing that I've managed to go this distance, as @GottaBFree said to me, you're brain is in the rewiring phase right now and he's right, it's a good feeling.

Hope to go another 25 days and beyond

@ Musketeers. Keep smashing it.

Have a great weekend everyone. God bless.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    Mara43, Sam78, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  16. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Weekend check in. Feeling in a good place with things and determined to stay clean. The truth of the matter is that it is never worth it, ever. Not once have I reset and thought 'yeah that was the right thing to do'. Never, just regret and disappointment at best. If you are thinking about it, think it through to the end, how you will feel after? I can tell you, like crap. When the thought turn up just say no, no is powerful. Don't let any ideas get past that first mental layer of defense and it is all much easier.

Nope, not today I say! Stay sharp everyone.

Mara43, Hope23, Sam78 and 2 others like this.
  17. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about the reset brother, but yes what is done is done. Things will get better, they will brother. Stay clean on this, eat well, lift weights, get enough sleep. Give God access to all your fears and anxieties. Take care and have faith.

Mara43, Hope23, Sam78 and 2 others like this.
  18. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

19. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check these out and let you know if I find any others as well.

Congratulations on getting to Day 25 @JJ_Kino @x_Nocturnalis_x @Gazan @born3 Keep the great work you're an inspiration

Mara43, JJ_Kino and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  20. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Checking in, it was rough start , but can't complain, it was my fault neglecting healthy habits.

Mara43, Sam78, 12ove and 1 other person like this.