Eating alone

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Thoughts? Specifically talking going to a restaurant and sitting & eating alone. Obviously there's nothing really wrong with it but what are your thoughts?

2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with it, but I know people who are so insecure they can't do it.

3. I'm doing it as we speak for the first time in my life

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Some people make themselves feel like losers if they aren't always with friends. To me that is weird that a person can't stand alone.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I’ll go eat alone at a diner with a counter to sit at, it looks and feels less sad. :p

BE2161BE-DD8E-491A-A95F-298FED07B408.jpeg

6. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

It's something adults do. I do it everyday but it's while watching TV so doesn't really count. I don't have a problem with it and would do it but typically I just wouldn't eat somewhere alone because I'm cheap and impatient.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  7. Idk if people think it's weird, but I don't care bc idk know these people lol

Nobody is giving me weird looks except this one girl keeps looking over lmao

8. That's a good idea

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with it. I usually listen to some relaxing music or watch something while eating. I don't see why people get worried about eating alone.

1 person likes this.
  10. I'm referring to in a resturant

11. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

That is what I was talking about.

12. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Its also a great way to meet women who may be by themselves too.

13. That's an interesting take on it. I think if I were eating alone, I'd be annoyed if someone came up to try to sit with me or strike up a conversation. It's funny that the assumption about people that are alone is that it's not by choice, and they'd prefer company if they could find it.

14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Jen, thats why i test the waters first, like smiling at her. If she smiles back, that usually means a green light to talk to her. However if i sense rbf, i back off.

15. I like going to restaurants by myself and then ordering for two. It really fucks with people.

16. I do it all the time so it's feels normal to me. I was shocked to find out there are so many people who are weird about it. I guess some people fear other people's opinion so much they can't enjoy a simple meal.

17. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I find it ironic how I was worried about sitting alone when I was in school, yet these days I worry about not sitting alone. If it’s family, buddies I know well or my girlfriend, I’d take it, but I don’t really care to talk to anyone else.

18. Well, how do you expect to make any new friends with that attitude?

19. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

But yet you spend your free time here talking to complete strangers for hours on end. :p

20. He tells himself we're just pixels. It helps him sleep at night. :D

I Am that I Am and Poseidon like this.