Please Hollywood, stop remaking/rebooting movies ALREADY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Remake these movies with current famous actors and actresses and current modern movie special effects and both the people who made the original movie and people making the new movie will both make a ton of money. The movies will probably be worse than the original but they are looking at the money. That's all they are concerned about.

2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I'd rather see them bring the original or a remastered version to the theater than a remake. People who haven't seen it could see what made them so great and they could still cash in on people's nostalgia.

MJ93, Taylor25, LEPAGE and 2 others like this.
  3. What the Grinch now? It is indeed time to stop!

4. Just like how they're remaking Steven King's The Stand and the film The Crow. They really need to stop, I mean bloody hell Brandon Lee literally died for that film... Fuck'em.

MJ93, Taylor25 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  5. And The Crow ughhhh I mean come they have no original ideas anymore. I've kind of suffered super hero movie fatigue but at least with that they are trying with different heroes.

6. And those "adaptions" are always rubbish, even the ones that are good still never live up to the originals. They love money so they don't care what they trample on and ruin, like the new fucking RoboCop they made. I refuse to watch that film. lol

7. lol you have good judgement because that was easily forgettable garbage, ESPECIALLY when they change the design of costumes. I refuse to watch Power Rangers as well haha

8. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'd kill for a theatre that played classic movies. I like going to the movies, but the selection of films for some years now has kept me away. I'd pay good money to see The Third Man or any 1950's Western in a theatre, but I wouldn't trade my trash for a chance to see Marvel Superhero Film No. 659 or Tranformers 18: Bumblebee Needs a New Radiator.

Taylor25 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  9. Gotham Outlaw

That's a cool idea. I was thinking movies like the green mile or the shining in theaters before somebody decides to do a shitty remake. It would be great to see the godfather in theaters, too.

Taylor25 and LEPAGE like this.
  10. Our theater plays classic movies like once a month. Y'all don't have that?

11. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Perhaps when people grow tired of staying home and watching Netflix.

I suppose a small, local theatre might be able to pull it off. The question is if it could pull in the crowds to sustain it.

I know mainstream ones don't.

12. Gotham Outlaw

I don't have any small theaters by me. Only Marcus and AMC theaters. I guess I could take a look on Amazon for some older movies. Probably get em $4 a piece.

Edit: just checked Amazon. A blu Ray version of the shining is less than $8 with prime.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Cinemark is pretty mainstream...

Neither do I. Cinemark does classic movies once a month.

14. I would love to watch "Aliens", "Nightmare on Elm Street", and "Halloween" in the theater. I can imagine those classic horror movies have good sound mixing when it hits the theater.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  15. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Not up here in Canuckistan. :emoji_cry:

16. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Anyone see that new Death Wish? I won't.

I'd pay good money to see the original in a theatre though.

Deleted Account and Taylor25 like this.
  17. It's currently sitting at 17 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and I can clearly tell it's passable. I would rather watch the original one than Bruce Willis' remake.

LEPAGE likes this.
  18. Not where I live, only the newest rubbish plays. Sometimes they play a movie from years ago but that's only like once or twice a year and that's IF it's incredibly popular.

If I had money I'd love to rent it for a couple hours just for my SO and I, that would be brilliant.

19. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Is this a joke? You are at rebooting website complaining about rebooting?

MJ93 likes this.