1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Biggest Loss of Money

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Ermmm, it's not really from my school. It's from another company that sponsor my school to give unfortunate people money to people like me. But anyway, i don't think i can. Because it's probably not the school that produced the cheque.

2. Not sure what my biggest loss of money was, but a few months ago I drove up to an ATM. I put my debit in and punched in my code and requested a 60 dollar withdrawal. Then I took my card out and drove away without taking the money. I was a bit annoyed with myself for awhile after knowing that I donated 60 bucks to the person behind me.

3. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

I lost a house in 2008. I had burned every asset I had trying to hold on to it. I don't have a perfect accounting of the dollar amount. But it was 5 digits in front of the decimal point.

4. Damn dude...you win

5. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

If that's winning I'd rather throw the game.

6. Yeah, good point...you lose

Deleted Account and SanSolo like this.
  7. That's terrible :/ we had fires here recently that burned a lot of peoples homes. It's so devastating.

Deleted Account and SanSolo like this.
  8. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

If i only we were more discipline and aware then both of us would'nt lose anything because of our forgetfullness. That happen to me too, when i was buying smth with my card, it was not enough, so i gave some money by hand but in the end i left it with the buyer. And he claimed that someone else took it. Luckily i realized it quick and made a replacememt immediately.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

That is horrible. i hope that you're doing well with life now.

10. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

After seeing all of your experiences, i feel less lonelier and i should be grateful as i didn't lose as much money as you guys.

11. Kimpossible9

Kimpossible9 Fapstronaut

I was late for a flight that cost me 60 dollars (converted from another currency)

12. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

While i guess it's like what they said , "Time is money".

13. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Is the currency lower than your country or higher?

14. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

If it had been a fire there would have been insurance money. But you lose so many other things that are irreplacable. Mine was a foreclosure/short sale. Given a choice I guess I'd rather lose the money.
    Don't cry for me, Argentina. I am doing well, thank you. I am a home owner again and coasting downhill to a comfortable retirement in about a year from now.

Axesteel likes this.
  15. I got 200 bucks one time for my birthday and put the card were no one could find it and it worked I didn't find the card again for 2 years

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  16. Sorry, I misread your post. I saw "burned" and I thought it said your house burned.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. countitjoy5

countitjoy5 Fapstronaut

I put a good bit into Litecoin and sitting on a pretty big loss currently but I might get it back if a bull run hits. Don't fall for cryptocurrency.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  18. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Well done you just played yourself XD

19. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

1000$ is a huge sum of money. But judging from your picture. You seem like a really successful guy that earns a great salary so maybe you have covered that loss quickly. Anyway, i still sympathize for you because i would go nuts if i lost 1000$.

20. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I don't really own digital money but i know they cost A LOT. I'd go bonkers if you tell me the amount of what you lost.