1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a GF maybe ?!!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Souhail, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

So long story short I have been talking to a girl I studied with like 4 years ago
    and I really enjoy talking to her it's like you can't feel the time anymore even if I am tired I keep responding to her messages .
    My only problem is that I am on a very good streak of nofap and I'm afraid that she will reject me or give me a weird response which will lead me back to my addiction for sure
    Also I saw her a couple of times with a boy and I think he may be her bf or something .
    any thoughts ?

2. Nah dont let some girl make you fail on your journey, pussy can wait bro, take care of yourself before you try dating.

Happypetal and Hello Friend like this.
  3. b-v-o-y

b-v-o-y Fapstronaut

I'd say just wait. If you're afraid that being rejected will break your streak, then don't go for it. You should be absolutely okay and prepared for whatever the outcome is.
    Your streak should not be dependent on the outcome (and I know that's easier said than done) - since even if you do ask her out and she says yes, there's no telling what negative things in the future might lead you back.
    Best of luck.
    P.S. If you feel comfortable enough, ask about this other boy. If he's her bf for sure, then just back off.

4. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I don't know if forcing yourself to stay away from romance is the best way to go, and by 'go' I mean: cure your sexuality. Yes, your recovery is important, but on the other hand it seldom is a straight line. Don't worry about your streak too much but rather about how you feel inside, your general attitude towards sexuality and so on, how you evolve, how you change, how you become a better person. Do you want to use all your energy to keep your counter at a certain number, or do you want to make an experience by coming in contact with reality?

May be just ask her if she has a BF or if 'this guy' is her BF. (Just as @b-v-o-y has said.)

Yes, you will lay cards open that way, but on the other hand, it is not too 'invasive' of a question. You can't get rejected if you haven't asked her for something in the first place. Anyway, take it easy! Try to stay relaxed and confident, just be open for whatever may come. If she is not interested, don't think of it as 'rejection', but as learning. Moreover, PMO is never a necessity. The very fact that the 'risk' is on your radar can help you to avoid it.