1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jedi Temple (open)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Marcus Aurelius, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

Day 11, Padawan
    I think that staying in a job you hate is a bad thing. It slowly throttles your soul and it can't be good for your health in the long term. I don't know if you made the right choice without knowing more about your situation, but being stuck in a dead end job for a significant amount of time is a bad move in my opinion.

It's probably too late for this advice now, but I've always been told that when you should secure a new job before you quit your old one.

What are your plans now? Are you going to look for another job? Are you going back to school? I would say the important thing now is to have a plan.

One thing I will say though is that, at one point or another, you might have to suffer through a job you hate until you get a promotion or can use the experience from that job to get you another one. It's like NoFap, suffering and discomfort in the short term for long term happiness.

2. Luxor

Luxor Fapstronaut

3. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

4. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 14 - 2 weeks done!

5. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Just relapsed. Day 0.

Marcus Aurelius and One Eyed Owl like this.
  6. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 7 - Rank Promoted to Padawan \o/

Marcus Aurelius and One Eyed Owl like this.
  7. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

8. jenthleth

jenthleth Fapstronaut

9. Marcus Aurelius

Congratulations!

One Eyed Owl and Innervision like this.
  10. Day 6 Checking in. Tomorrow I get promoted to Padawan!

11. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Day 240, Jedi Grand Master!

A new realm this is. I feel powerful and in control. On to the next!

12. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Thanks bro. I feel really great! I have kept myself busy and try to stay focused.
    I have cut almost all of my social media except for LinkedIn, because I'm job hunting soon. I've even blocked YouTube.

I know these might sound extreme, but they definitely help. Social media is a big distraction that drains you. I don't think people realise how bad of an impact it is on your life.

Then you are also bombarded with overly sexualised content. It's like the background noise in your brain is sex, sex, and sex. Definitely not what you want if you're on nofap.

Eventually, I was able to identify when this happens on the internet and I consciously steer clear of it. It takes time, but it's doable.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  13. Baller123

Baller123 Fapstronaut

14. Marcus Aurelius

Day 12, Padawan
    Congratulations to our first Grand Master!

15. Luxor

Luxor Fapstronaut

Day 12, checking in.

16. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 15 - halfway there to Jedi Knight.

17. purplebat14

purplebat14 Fapstronaut

Rank 95, day 96 noPMO - Jede Council Member

18. Super Saiyan God

Super Saiyan God Fapstronaut

Relapsed today at like 1am gonna start a new leaf, I think it was because I was allowing myself to think of sexual thoughts. Also shoulda slept straight away but was playing COD with my friends

19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Went to sleep early last 5 days, kept myself in check, I was feeling so good during the day today....why did I just relapsed? Was it because I ignored my mind saying "you should go to sleep....nah it's friday you can stay up a bit longer" and went into bored mode? I don't know, it feels just like I just stabbed myself in the back for no reason, for the force's sake I even hesitated once I was about to.. I know I will wake up struggling and with bad thoughts tomorrow again, and they were mostly gone and was starting to regain a tiny bit of motivation back....

The title youngling it suits quite well....I have no fucking control over myself like a fucking youngling....

[​IMG]

Checking in my shame, ...