Your Biggest Loss of Money

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. tornadosboy

tornadosboy Fapstronaut

I wanted to get a house, and I paid the deposit, 2000$ in advance. Then due to Covid, our plans changed, and we decided to wait at least a few months for the move. The freaking seller didn't return the money. I'm trying to figure this out with my lawyer and my Mortgage Advisor Cambridge, and I hope I get my money back after all. I can't throw 2000$ away because we already have problems these days. If there's someone out there that had to deal with such a problem or can give me a piece of advice, I will appreciate it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

I lost a 50€ bill once, had it in a pocket without a zipper and it just fell out at some point

3. FightTheMeltdown

FightTheMeltdown New Fapstronaut

No clue. Hard to quantify because I started out in a crappy job that way underpaid me.

So if you consider that, probably around $140,000-$160,000 over the course of 7 years.

4. I bet on Trump $2700 to win 2020 re-election. When Biden gets confirmed in 2 weeks, my money will be gone...

Yep, I am an idiot!

arkad1 and ThePeakWae like this.
  5. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

Invesed into btc and selled it when it costed around 10 000$. I might have much more if I didn't sell it. Bad times :D

6. I sold Tesla for $300 last year in October. Now it is $2500. I had 32 shares...

7. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

One of my friends put 5 bucks on tesla then it rose 20-30% (before the 500m Brandon (or whatever his name is) investment) now he often says to me he wished he put more on it.

8. perromuerto

perromuerto Fapstronaut

Siento que PMO, hace que me olvide de las cosas, coincidiendo con lonelydude, ayer viaje a ver a mis padres a otra ciudad a 200 km y al regresar me di cuenta de que no tenía la llave para ingresar a mi dpto. Siento que debido PMO me olvido más de las cosas, soy menos inteligente y más distraído

9. Gaharit

Gaharit Fapstronaut

Computer chair for $ 2,000. It turned out to be terribly uncomfortable ...

arkad1 and SimplyPure like this.
  10. AJ777

AJ777 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I had someone literally steal $1,100 from me. Tried to file a lawsuit and nothing came of it. Its a long story but basically I never saw that 1k again and they got away with it. Was really bitter for a long time, was tough to get over. Still kinda pissed about it tbh, lol

11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

About 900 sterling blown out in a week-long tobacco-alcohol-takeaway food rampage, I don't know if that counts. How come that much for such "silly" things? Good whisky and chain smoking... that's how.
    If not 250ish on a bad trade with a company with a company to wich I didn't do my due diligence.

12. Lucifer656

Lucifer656 Fapstronaut

Hm...there are many interesting stories here

13. re-Wire

re-Wire Fapstronaut

I crashed a car and lost £2400

14. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I lend someone $1000. Never saw them again. I don't know if you can consider this a loss.

15. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

You still gamble?

16. I got scammed from an Indian scammer claiming to be from Apple. I sent $400 to him and I'm still pissed about it to this day. I wish I could knock this guy out.

17. Havent read all the comments but my biggest loss was over 15.000 dollars worth of Bitcoin (a lot more now considering Bitcoin was only at 4000).was drunk and depressed and gave it away to charity. It was half of my life savings. Its a hard loss when you are in your 20s. Almost ended myself in the days following.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    modern milarepa likes this.
  18. Lucifer656

Lucifer656 Fapstronaut

I lost my store in 2008. I burned all my assets trying to hold on to it. I don't have an exact record of the dollar amount. But the decimal point was preceded by 5 digits. BUT now I am doing well, I have paid off all my debts, opened a new store, found a new red bull bulk sale https://ttline.online/category.html?main=101&brand=66 , after which he began to make a good profit.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    modern milarepa and arkad1 like this.
  19. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

I lost about 7000 euros trading, and 5000 euros on a real estate operation.

modern milarepa likes this.
  20. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Actually the elections were rigged, so, u theorethically won...

Abzu likes this.