1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 5 it seems. Have been feeling good, meeting family, and just watched prophetic things, enjoying one of the lasts sumer nights, could be better, but mybe later.
    Felt good to be able to return to doing updates. Passion has started brewing

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

With all the good stuff(meditation,cold shower etc) done I still manage to procrastinate on important stuff(planning and organizing) o_O.

3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Thank you friend, I'm glad it resonated with you and hope the pain was quickly replaced with peace and contentment. I appreciate your kindness.

Slider8, Chi405, LuckyMan and 7 others like this.
  4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Detachement
    Some girls texted me to see them, I replied but didn't go out with them.

With the girl I'm seeing it seems to be going good, even do she hasn't texted me in two days. She's been busy at work, so it could be that.

I haven't use the internet for watching movies, yt or social media. I feel a life detached from worldly pleasure is more enjoyable than anything the world could offer me.

5. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

What you mentioned here was part of my journey as well. The insomnia is unfortunate, but if you give in to PMO. The cycle will continue. If you end the cycle, the insomnia will end with time. A fellow worrier from your words, the best thing to assist in that situation is to get out of bed , meditate or pray, do not give in to the irritation of being awake. Do not give in to those thoughts. The more you stress about not sleeping, the more irritated and wired you will become. This will stop you from going back to sleep. Well done on not giving in to PMO temptation, my friend.

6. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

7. chilicon

chilicon Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete. Taking it a day at a time. Inspirational reading all of your posts here. I have made this my homepage so I see it every time I open a tab.

8. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 6

I had a lot of urges today, a lot of which had me very very close to relapsing. I was procrastinating really badly today so I'm convinced that all of the idle time I had today was the reason I had so many strong urges. I literally didn't do any of my usual daily routine stuff until like 2pm (I woke up at 9am for context) and so I just told myself to get up and I went out on a walk to my local park and did my Japanese flashcards while I sat by a lake which was super super peaceful and bliss. But, the moment I got home I had urges again. I worked out because I was really struggling to just sit with these urges today, the urges were sort of going away but they lingered a bit for the entire work out. Luckily, my Mum came into the room and so I talk to her for a bit (not about the urges, just general conversation) which made the urge go away completely. I then showered which was really nice, but again the urge came back, I got really close to relapsing again but I watched some YouTube videos to distract me which, again, helped but the urge came back and, again, I nearly relapsed but I decided to go downstairs and I studied in the living room so I wasn't just sat on my own in my room. I then played a little of a new game I bought recently on Steam for the rest of the night.
    I just need to actually do my routine instead of vegging out on YouTube and stuff. If I keep consistent in my activities my urges become very manageable.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  9. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 31
    I reduce my activities on youtube, instagram to avoid the posibilities of fishing and is working.
    I try to enter just once on the day.

10. CultureMan

CultureMan Fapstronaut

Day 17 check-in. I'm living the longest streak of my life

11. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

12. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

At the brink of two weeks!
    I've been feeling fine. It seems that irges are somehow easier to resist. There's always something good to be done instead of pmoing, and I'm glad I have seen those things around me and I've been able to manage it kinda well.

14. I'm back to Day 1 complete.

Yesterday I felt almost overwhelmed by guilt and frustration related to this addiction. I couldn't believe how badly I was still struggling in spite of my best efforts. Just tonight I had a thought, though, which is that one day clean is still one day clean, and it's way better than a day that I sacrifice to PMO. No matter how long we have to work to achieve freedom, at least we're working.

15. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

You are right; the path to being a white wizard is won a day at a time. These little streaks add up. You just need to get to orc 500 times. :p

I have decided that I will make completing this challenge my top priority because like you I am not getting younger and I need my mind clear, and body strong to complete the other goals I have. PMO just destroys that and keeps a guy stuck in adolescence almost..

16. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I have been preparing for the Balrog for a long time!

17. Haven't typed these words in quite some time. I am an elf again

18. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 52... I edge slightly deeper into this eternal, black chasm. In many ways it reflects the world right now; who can say what will happen or what it holds?

19. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

10 days.

Cold is pretty much gone, and yesterday I even visited a friend. We ate some good food and played some music.

20. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Caught myself fishing last night. But didn't give in and went to bed.

Day 22 - The village of Bree.