35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

2. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Just a quick check in and to wish everyone the best. Work is so busy and stressful I’m not having much success but won’t give up! Take care everyone:)

3. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 15. Feeling better. But this is the time when we need to be most vigilant. When you feel like you are on a great streak and this is it, you tend the most to indulge in triggers to ''test'' the progress. This is very dangerous behavior. Along with ''test'' results being disappointing we lose all your progress you feed up your brain with what it wants. I am not going to test anything this time. I feel better because I am also doing workout streak as well, so that may be the reason I feel little more energetic.

4. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Very well said. It is urge ambush no doubt. It can hit you when you least expect it! We all experience this. You can PMO even if there is not even a remote need to do it. Out of nowhere literally !

CactusLemon and optimistic7 like this.
  5. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

check check day 3

I dont know how long i can keep this up, im about to lose it.
    Last night withdraws, left my house and started running until exhaustion then went home took a cold shower for 30sec and just sat there 40mins hot shower then after went straight to sleep.

6. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

hey thanks for this!!! you got anymore you wanna share ?

7. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

not having success um.... i read and i can listen, i know it's tough for people to talk about their issues but we/everyone can try and find a path and support, that's if you choose to.

8. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

right on man. i might need to ask you for some pointer here VERY soon.

9. Wishing you the best of success :)

10. You're welcome; yes I actually collect these (click on my journal you'll see the ongoing collection); and I share some here :)

87Diamond and CactusLemon like this.
  11. I guess you need a plan and some solid knowledge about how this works, click on my journal and have a look at the dopamine nation video!

87Diamond and CactusLemon like this.
  12. Aha; so our best option is to STOP and THINK about the whole situation; logic actually kills the urge (bad LOL) :)

13. There is no testing; besides what do you want to "get" out of such a test; anything beneficial? This is a beast/ a destructive addiction; better not to come near it as its all pain no gain.. Stay strong!

14. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

You did the right thing. Don't think negative, believe in yourself, you can kill the PMO daemon. Think about the damage it has done to your life.

15. May I suggest that we don't exchange a problem with a problem; ex. those exchanging PMO with lusting after women in real life / relationships with women; at the SAME TIME; are just setting themselves up for failure.

It would be better if we looked within for the root / deeper issues:
    - Not glad with our success status
    - Need improvement / getting serious with our work
    - Feeling lonely / unhappy (ourselves)

Let's start with working on the roots; and not run from a problem to problem to disappointment to PMO (downward spiral); just a thought..

16. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Yes, nothing to test. This is just our brain tricking us saying "let's see how strong it feels now" . But this is complete bullshit. You never fill the way you used to. Better just assume we are progressing and there is no need to ''check''.

17. Unfortunately, we see here many examples of limiting self beliefs.

You will never be able to complete nofap until you overcome your inner narrative of being a failure or a loser. You must seek confidence in yourself and your capabilities. You want to be happy, you wants to accomplish your dreams - which by human nature, happens from winning.. but how can you do that if you are calling yourself a loser?

Friendly reminder, a relapse is not a failure. Giving up entirely, like many do, is the failure. What matters is you keep going and keep building on that why.

Why do nofap? Why? If you are ignoring the reason why, and instead focused on the fact that it hurts too much or its too painful, you will never make it. Someone who successfully quits something addictive like smoking, etc, ultimately has to build a strong reason why they are quitting - for the best results.

Once your "why" is powerful enough, the feelings don't matter. Abuse of sexual pleasure is a horrific reality to be in, and the negative health implications are highly underestimated. So if you are ever thinking about doing nofap again, re-evaluate your reason why - and look into the "why" of others, especially those who make it far.

Thanks to MysticalAgent8927865 (from Reddit)!

18. CactusLemon

CactusLemon Fapstronaut

Thanks for this! Really needed to read some encouragement as I've woke up with a hangover today from watching the World Cup and this is usually one of my biggest triggers and most likely to binge. Instead I got straight out of bed and came on here. Day 7 and I'm not going to allow myself to relapse just because I feel like crap

19. You're more than welcome! That is the way to go; I for myself whenever I feel the urge; I COME HERE and try to HELP MYSELF and OTHERS; plenty of good vibes (and sad stories that act as a warning), and this kills off the switch; being here is much better than P; more empowering too; its human :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2022
  20. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

:):emoji_point_up::emoji_pray::emoji_punch::emoji_v:

artifact, 87Diamond and optimistic7 like this.