1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Florian83

During one of my last meditation retreat I remember having a great conversation with one the monk from the monastery. All what he said sounded like I knew already all these information but the fact he spoke to me and offered me is presence helped me a lot with connecting with the good seed in me and watering them. He didnt said complicated things to me but just stayed with basics foundation of bouddhism.

He just remided me to first accept myself without any ideas of changing anything. Just accept what it is! Its so simple but its what meditation is all about. Sitting with ourselves and observ whats happen without any judgment.

I discovered meditation and bouddhism almost 10 years ago and I didnt change all my negativ habits yet but I think I improved a lot with being kind, generate the energy of compassion for myself and being my best friend in the good and in the bad period of my life.

I love thi idea of healing the inner child by being fully present for us. There is some exercises of visualusation where we can be just there for us. Seeing myself as a young child of 7 years old in front of me. Smilling to him, walking to him peacefully and taking care of this child like the most precious part of me. Imagine taking myself in my arms and giving love, compassion ans security to this child. When we can generate this type of energy for ourself we can make a positiv step in our life.

I wish I could generate this energy everytime I realapse. Accepting myself and not being to hard with myself help me to continue on this path of loving myself and the others.

Much love brothers
MeoG, Awakening123 and Runkkari like this.
Beamer more_vert
Beamer
Welcome to this beautiful caring community brother, your message is very nice to read ! Thank you for sharing, i hope you will find the peace you're looking for here :)) Have a great day !
Florian83 and Awakening123 like this.
Pootle more_vert
Pootle
Hi Florian83 - You seem to be finding your self acceptance by being compassionate to yourself, well done for taking positive steps even though it's a difficult path.
Awakening123 and Beamer like this.
Florian83 more_vert
Florian83
Thank you very much for your answer brother. There is no way for peace...peace is the way