Post published by cowpatio

Hi everyone, just thought id introduce myself. I find it really difficult to relate to religious people and find it tiresome to constantly read "thank God" "pray every day" etc. I'm anticipating needing some help with rationale and motivation so i was hoping to get it from some like minded people.
Deleted Account and Adrian P. like this.
Fortitudo more_vert
Fortitudo
Welcome! They are usually believer to believer conversations. They don't quote "the Verb" each time they can. Also they are kind and supportive and share valuable experiences. You choose what you read ;) Best wishes on your journey :)
cowpatio more_vert
cowpatio
I dont disagree with any of that. I was once very ill with anorexia and depression, a family friend told me "I know you are going to be ok because Jesus loves you" There is a nice sentiment behind those words but I was still angry.
cowpatio more_vert
cowpatio
I know my story is irrelevant to this context. But i just find it easier to seek advice from people who critically analyse situations rather than act on behalf of a deeper belief.
Deleted Account likes this.
Fortitudo more_vert
Fortitudo
No wonder, that comment was really inappropriate, tasteless and stupid IMO
Mattt001 more_vert
Mattt001
I hear you. Such comments from well-meaning (and sometimes not-so-well-meaning) religious folks can be exhausting. It would be better if they would make an effort to see if we share their religious beliefs before invoking religion.