1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Quit 2020

Hi, I just joined this website a few minutes ago. I've been battling P and M for about 8 years, although I have had periods of freedom that lasted sometimes up to a year. For the last several years however, I have not been so fortunate. I feel that the biggest thing holding me back from experiencing true freedom is lack of a community or even just one accountability partner. I have never spoken to anyone about my sin except for priests in confession because I do not feel as though there is anyone in my life that I can truly trust or who I would would feel comfortable telling this to. I have been feeling very guilty lately becuase my confessor keeps telling me that finding accountability is one of the best steps one can take, so I feel that I am failing to live up to the promise of doing everything I can to defeat this sin.

I was glad to find this website, and I hope that someone can point me towards resources for accountability. Any uplifting stories of people who might have been in a similar boat and are doing better now would also be appreciated.
MrChrisK, Nuhope, Tryin' Hard and 2 others like this.
Marigny more_vert
Marigny
Hi Guit 2020, your confessor is right, having an accountability partner is a very good way to fight PM. Searching accountability partners is a good step to freedom. And yes in this site, we are (mostly) all in the same boat, living the same struggle.
Lot of people have a great experience of this struggle and can share tips.
You can contact me by personal message if you want
Tryin' Hard more_vert
Tryin' Hard
Hey, welcome! You've found a great asset in your fight through your confessor. He's right, accountability is important because it models the accountability God is holding us to. It's a great gift. The best resource this site has to offer is the community. I'd recommend joining a group accountability chat or starting a new private thread with an AP (accountability partner). I'd be willing if you think the spirit is leading you to mutual accountability with me but there's no hard feelings if that's not what God wants. God bless you in your struggle, I'll pray for you in my rosary today.
Nuhope more_vert
Nuhope
Thanks God for such a good priest! I have a really good accountability partner who helps me a lot. Without him, it would be much harder for me. So you can contact me, because I am so thankful having an accountability partner that I will never say no if someone else asks me.