Post published by bertranr

Want to share something and read some comments, if they are some...

This weekend I was talking with a person, a friend after a while, and among many issues came the topic of MO. She is a practicing Catholic and a psychologist by profession and I was able to express some topics that I had in my mind for months, between reflections and considerations. In the first instance, she affirmed that in adolescence all MO activity must be part of the discovery and exploration, but that must end in one point or another, that's the point. That is the "deal", when we pass the adolescent stage and continue and even more, with more videos, more techniques, etc., etc., is when the problem comes. Because in essence we know that it is something bad, natural but bad.

I mean, when we are children and we are growing up we are educated and we see it normal (even in adulthood) to say: I go to the bathroom, what to do 1 or 2 when we are little so that mom and dad are pending. That I'm going to bathe or brush my teeth or the prepare myself for my playtime. Activities, in essence, private and intimate, but that one can get up from the table in peace by saying ...

Absolutely no one, as far as I know, finishes eating at home and says: well, I'm going to jerk off for a while in my room, don't interrupt me; or after spending more than 30 minutes in the shower, if someone knocks on the door, we will answer: wait a few minutes, I'm about to cum (sorry for the words). We know, inside of us, that it is something that is not right, otherwise we would not seek privacy and secrecy to do it.

I remember some jr high of sex education that they had that connotation: doing at night, under the sheets, without noone knowing... I don't know, it made me think about that, and I've been thinking that for months. Natural? Yes, at one point in life. Public? Never, and there is why. The truth is that even the conjugal act is sometimes shared with the most intimate friends. Have you not heard sometime some married friends saying: "we are already trying to get pregnant"? It is not that they are telling their intimacy in a morbid way, nor do we have to ask "how are you trying", but this intimacy is the fruit of true love, and not of a lust to lie down like rabbits. And no one is shocked when they hear this from a happy couple, on the contrary they applaud him.

At the same time she touched on a point, which I would like to share with you because I fell into that. She told me that it is scaring her her as it is becoming more common, but it was not, nor will it ever be normal, "exploratory sexual games", between adolescent friends of the same sex, especially among men, without speaking properly of homosexuality . Sadly in my teens on more than one occasion when spending the night at a friend's house, we expected everyone to fall asleep in the house so we could watch some P and then MO together or each other. In one way or another it is a wound that I continue to carry today and I wish so much to be able to go back in time and say NO, I just would. It is up to us to educate and if God gives me the grace to be a father, to be able to educate my children on time, not to have a taboo when speaking about these issues and that they know that they can approach me without any problem.
Desert Son, jrjk11 and Tryin' Hard like this.
St Thomas Becket more_vert
St Thomas Becket
Some really good points about couples "trying" and wishing you could go back and say, "No." I wonder at your comment about educating your children. If your own father had lectured you prior to spending the night at a friends, would that have stopped you?