1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Mr. McMarty

Q. Who are we saved from? Ourselves, God, Satan or Other?

This is a question. Please take a guess.
One Eyed Owl, JUZZPE and vxlccm like this.
nestor599 more_vert
nestor599
it sounds like a miracle to me: it has been for a couple of days now that I began asking this question from myself and every time the answer is "Myself". When I look back at the path I walked so far, I see my own shortcomings behind every bump, every failure, and every flaw. I may not blame anyone but myself, though at the time it seemed to me that I am the victim for other agents who ruined my life. but i was all wrong.
Pseeudonymen and Mr. McMarty like this.
vxlccm more_vert
vxlccm
Saved from our fallen nature, else we become chained in hell.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
God’s wrath is his love in action against sin.

This is counter-intuitive, but hear me out.

God is love, and God does all things for his glory (1 John 4:8; Romans 11:36). He loves his glory above all (and that is a good thing!). Therefore, God rules the world in such a way that brings himself maximum glory. This means that God must act justly and judge sin (i.e. respond with wrath), otherwise God would not be God. God’s love for his glory motivates his wrath against sin.
One Eyed Owl likes this.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
Admittedly, God’s love for his own glory is a most sobering reality for many and not good news for sinners. It is after all, “a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31).
https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/five-truths-about-the-wrath-of-god
One Eyed Owl likes this.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
So in my view, we are saved by God from God.
One Eyed Owl, Kingfisher and vxlccm like this.
vxlccm more_vert
vxlccm
It was all part of the plan to bring about the purpose of God which allowed us to choose and fall, but have an opportunity to repent, thereby allowing us to qualify for salvation.
One Eyed Owl and Mr. McMarty like this.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
hi sorry for what Haha!