1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Just a Fella

Question for you all,

Is crossdressing a mortal sin? Here is the context. I have been left alone with female garments in my family's home. I woke up and didn't pray my rosary first thing in the morning and since I had been writing about my life story in terms of sexual deviance last night, this topic was what was on my mind and I was tempted and began to crossdress, pushing aside the progress of not doing so for a while. I didn't imagine any sexual fantasies in my head, look at any images online, or touch myself at all. I drank coffee and behaved in a feminine manner as that was sort of my objective, to just be feminine. I looked in the mirror a couple of times, and was overall unproductive. I suppose since I suffer from AGP, this was something like looking at a woman, so perhaps it was indeed mortally sinful? I didn't even think about that until now. I do plan on confessing this on Sunday, but I was curious if you guys knew if this was an example of a mortal sin, venial, a near occasion or any other thoughts. All of these must be avoided, I know, as hell is eternal, and even purgatory is a terrible terrible place, that I do not wish to end up in for any longer than I'm already required. Thanks and God bless.
Ketherlonk more_vert
Ketherlonk
To be honest, I have worn female underwear once but it was for the explicit purpose of sexually arousing myself and I used it to M. I used it as a workaround because I had sworn off P, and I was imagining my own body to be a female body so I could lust after it. In my mind, this was clearly sinful (even apart from the M act). (cont'd)
Ketherlonk more_vert
Ketherlonk
Your experience sounds different. I would suggest approaching it first not from the moral angle but from the psychological angle. Try to ask yourself in your heart, without judgment, why you are doing this. For me, female underwear symbolizes intimacy with a woman. I once stole female underwear from a laundromat. I was lonely and wasn't dating then, and deep down what I wanted was intimacy with another person. Stealing meant that I wanted to get intimacy without paying the price of becoming vulnerable and making the effort of actually meeting someone.
Ketherlonk more_vert
Ketherlonk
You also mentioned you started this at the age of 7 or 8. Is there something specific that happened then that got you started? In other words, morality is of course part of the equation, but perhaps what you really need is counseling.