Has anyone gotten ITBFS - Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Branchman, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

I've practiced several sports during my life. The one in wich i have practiced more is martial arts. But I haven't practiced them without interruptions, I mean, I practiced them for a while, then rest for some weeks or months (also because of school) and then change to another discipline or excercise. What I am trying to say is that all my life i've been active and never had sport injuries, until a month ago, in wich a was walking-running in a canyon near my city and had this ITBS. I din't warm up neither stretch wich was the 1st mistake, the 2nd one was that it had been around a month without physical activity or proper training (I hadn't run or even walked that distance +/- 18km = 11 miles in about a month, the total time was more than 2.5 hours), the 3rd one was not cooling down. I've gone with therapists and a doctor. I've got it 2 more times, the 1st because not letting the injury to fully heal, the 2nd I don't know if I did something wrong apart from not stretching, but this last time wasn't a really hard training (in the bicycle)... well it was a long time (more thant what I should'vedone) about 2hrs, but I didn't feel the time and the ride wasn't hard. And I'd like to know if anybody here has had that, how was your recovery process, did you ever got it again?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021