1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Books

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by usef Abs, Dec 6, 2017.

1. usef Abs

usef Abs Fapstronaut

Now that I can sit with myself for hours without thinking of PMO, i believe it is time to set goals to improve myself mentally.
    I want to change the way i look at things and think. I want to be wiser, more responsible and better.
    For that i need help from you guys.
    If you ever read a book that helped change or improve your thinking and communication with people, please share.

2. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

Best books to improve yourself are :
    1- #the best book you'll ever read : think and grow rich
    2- poor dad , rich dad
    3- how to win friends and influence people
    4- the richest man in babylon
    and if you are searching for motivation i think you should read
    the alchemist , 11 minutes or veronika decides to die

3. These are books that I have read and given me snippets of advice that I have found valuable in my life:
    • 10 Simple Solutions for Building Self Esteem by Glenn R. Schiraldi- really good book with helpful exercises to help one build their self esteem over a course of time. This book helped me to appreciate that when making a dramatic change in my life, I need to have patience and self compassion as I will make many mistakes along the way in order to grow.
    • The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F%@* by Mark Manson- one of the most unconventional books I have ever read. It is has a very interesting perspective of life
    • How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie - the book has timeless wisdom on how to live a life free from undue anxiety
    • The Art of People by Dave Kerpen - This book has very useful advice in how to develop better to excellent communication skills in many types of relationships
    • The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman- My GF recommended that we read this book together and while it is a book for a married couple it offers interesting insights on how individuals differ greatly in how they express love to each other and why learning this will greatly enhance love in a relationship.
    • The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren- This is a bible based book and quotes extensively from it as it puts life into some great perspective if you have religious affiliation and believe in God.
    • The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod- Change your life a morning at a time.
    • The Power of Habit by Chris Duhigg- important to understand how habits work and how to develop good habits to replace bad ones
    So those are the list of books that have had a powerful effect on my life. May be you have read some of them.

Deleted Account and usef Abs like this.
  4. "You'll see it when you believe it" by Wayne dyer. My dad recommended me this book to improve my self-esteem and I achieved a better and happier approach with people. I bought to overcome my shyness. I am thinking to re-read it again

usef Abs likes this.
  5. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

I have a book called 'the power of now' it's pretty cool, it's a kinda spiritual guidance thingy and it goes through different perspectives on things and yeah!! it's great

6. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

Could you be more specific? Do you want to improve your physique, your finances, etc.?

Anyway here are some of my favorites:

Starting Strength - Physique
    The Millionaire Fastlane - Business/Finances
    The Four Hour Work Week - Lifestyle/Entrepreneurship
    The War Of Art - Creativity

7. eliterexor

eliterexor Fapstronaut

I thought that book is just a boring one. I gonna try to read that later.