1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

26/M Catholic desperate to regain my life back

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bar the gaul, Mar 26, 2018.

1. bar the gaul

bar the gaul Fapstronaut

been a PMO addict since 10 years old, last PMOd 30 minutes ago, but now desperately want to quit and get a good grip on LIFE. I am a former altar boy and I like to think of myself as a practicing devout Catholic. Therefore, my primary driving force is to be free from the reins of sexual immorality. Have a girlfriend with whom I am intimate, but I feel that the intimacy doesn't really help in my desire to quit (likely due to the Chaser Effect). I am aware, as well, that in being a Catholic, not one bit of premarital sex is allowed.

Anyway, here I am! hello everyone!

Alex Leitch and Miss Winnie like this.
  2. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Hey dude, same here. Relationship. Catholic. Chaser effect as you say.

It’s really hard, but talking with your SO over these topics helps to build a great line of communication & trust. It doesn’t have to detail everything, but if you have similar goals or know where the other is at, it helps.

I’m here to decrease my focus on sex/all & improve my relationship with myself & SO.

Best of luck and so looking forward to your journal entries. You're not alone and welcome!

Alex Leitch likes this.
  3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! A lot of us are Catholics, you aren't alone. This site helped me a lot. Keep coming back.

Deleted Account and Alex Leitch like this.
  4. bar the gaul

bar the gaul Fapstronaut

Thanks Miss Winnie and Septimus. I actually made amends with my SO. It was a bit rough at first esp for her when I broke it to her that we had to be less intimate, but we eventually seem to be getting along well. Hope this turns out for the better!

Miss Winnie and Alex Leitch like this.
  5. Alex Leitch

Alex Leitch Fapstronaut

Jesus is with you my friend. God loves you. If you can hear Him calling your name that's brilliant. Don't wait to get better to pray and thank God. Do that now. God is a loving and ever patient Father who loves His children. Read the Prodigal Son and remind your self that God loves you and is rushing up the road to meet and greet and celebrate His wayward but always and ever beloved child. Run home Son. RUN RUN RUN to the arms of a divine Dad "who remembers NO WRONGS". Angels are dancing to your return. RUN RUN RUN. Reclaim your true place. Reclaim your sexual innocence. As for Satan "May The Lord rebuke him". cheers st alex

Miss Winnie likes this.