1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a Beta male become an Alpha?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Nice try but that's not how fear works...

Not to mention most shit isn't just black and white.

Star Lord likes this.
  2. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

so you was scared but you ran away :(

3. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

roady did you want to let a moderator step in and be the mediator for our replies ;) laura x

4. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Innit.

5. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

u boys arent very good at handling simple questions behind all the bravado hehe. laura x

Star Lord likes this.
  6. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

well that was a forum topic killer!

7. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

okay, assuming

Alpha = Better
    Beta = Worse

If you want, then you can.

8. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

Are you sure or is that an OCD talking?

9. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

I think fear is a universal thing that all humans experience. It's part of survival instinct.

But I believe people can conquer their fears as well. So maybe what star lord is saying is that, he's acknowledged the fears he held within, and faced them. So now fear doesn't control him, so it's not a weakness he holds.

There is nothing more cringe, than people talking about being alpha and beta.

10. There seems to be this confusion between being fearless and being courageous. They aren't the same thing.

People who seem fearless do have fear but they also have courage and that enables them to overcome their fears. As the famous quote goes: courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.

I would say anyone who is truly fearless is a danger to themselves and quite possibly others. Fearlessness is a bit like leprosy. People with leprosy are incapable of feeling physical pain as a result have to be watched 24/7 just in case they end up getting badly injured or even unintendedly kill themselves. Physical pain can be good since it can be a warning that we're in danger. It's better to feel the pain of your finger being burnt than to not feel that pain and do nothing and then burn to death.

The people who are truly fearless usually have brain damage or are psychotic.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ks/201512/7-ways-fearless-people-conquer-fear
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3055268/what-makes-someone-fearless
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephenie-zamora/4-things-you-need-to-know_1_b_5483023.html

A41:14A and Millenial like this.
  11. I think people stretch this beta alpha thing past the point where it is useful.

Can you become more;
    • self confident
    • brave
    • talkative
    • intelligent
    • attractive to the opposite sex
    • strong/fit
    • and all the other qualities you admire.
    The answer is most certainly YES! Focus on these not a label.

12. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

A good way to differentiate between Alpha and Beta is to name them in the following way:

Being Alpha means having a positive mindset, accepting the bad in your life and focusing on the good parts that you can change. Work on improving the things that are under your control.

While being a Beta means having a negative mindset, accepting that you cannot change your life. The persons with this kind of mindset see life more or less predetermined, they cannot find the will and energy to work on improving their lives.

While the Beta persons are blaming life for their problems and do not make significant change to improve their situation, the Alpha persons are actively working on improving their life, any way they can. They realize that they cannot control everything, but they can control their behavior and the way they act upon life's circumstances.

What other things would you add on this topic, guys ?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Millenial likes this.
  13. That was brilliant! He sounds like a cool and level headed bloke, I definitely agree.

Baroque likes this.
  14. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Gaaaaaaaaaaay

I’ll beat all you gimps
    Attack me key board warriors.

15. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

why did you post that? it wasnt very nice?

16. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Doesn’t bother me

17. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

it should it was a very upsetting comment chris. is everything ok? x

18. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Nothing is okay

19. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

but