1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

do you like girls who wear make-up?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by astronaut prime, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Ub3rT1m3

Ub3rT1m3 Fapstronaut

It's the pressure put on them by society (and men) to look 'good'... That Amy Schumer video summed it up quite nicely I reckon.

If they walked around all the time without makeup though we'd be used to it and nobody would think any differently. Infact, it would help us as men because we'd know what they truly look like. As it stands it's like they've got two different faces.

Not that looks should ever be the most important thing to a person. But it is essentially false advertising.

2. Thats a good point. We've gotten used to seeing women in make up and its become the norm, but technically its kind of a weird thing to be so widly accepted. Putting layers of cosmetics on to change the appearance of a face. Im not against make up, but it is a little medieval when you think about it lol.

3. wearefamily87

wearefamily87 Fapstronaut

No.. Makeup not necessary in moderate ways and tattoos say a lot about the persons external oriented values and low state of mind.

4. Octoling

Octoling Fapstronaut

As it turns out, my girlfriend was confident in herself without wearing making up for years, but when she started recently, it was for "professional reasons." That's a whole can of worms right there. Who the hell at work is making her feel like her appearance is inadequate?! It pisses me off. She makes it seem like its basically some job requirement that every woman has to put up with, but it's still sexist as f***.

5. Ugh, you guys, this is totally a thing. When I worked at a cleaning agency they told us we needed to not look like we just rolled out of bed, and they said that didnt necessarily mean we needed to do our hair all ni e and a full face of makeup, but... I definitely felt like I needed to wear makeup. At the time I didnt really care because I always wore makeup anyway, but it's silly that women are seen as looking tired or not put-together when they aren't wearing makeup.

Another story... when my sister was getting married, she never wore hardly any makeup. Her photographer (who was actually a friend of ours) kept trying to get her to wear makeup for the wedding because it would make her pictures look better and it's a special occasion, but she was like uh... no... I never wear makeup, and I want to look like myself on my wedding day.

6. I actually disagree that women wearing makeup always signals insecurity of some kind. I'm a pretty confident person (when it comes to my looks at least) and I dont feel like I'm ever wearing makeup because I'm insecure or dont like the way I look. I just like my face better with makeup. That doesnt make me insecure. Just as someone who feels like they look better in a well-fit suit than baggy sweat pants doesnt make them insecure.

7. I agree. The suit comment is very relevant. There are all sorts of styles that people follow ex. Combed hair, trimmed beard, nice clothes...it doesnt mean that that theyre insecure it just means they care about their appearance. Right or wrong, make up is a wildly accepted style and most girls wear it the same way a guy would wear a nice shirt or suit.

8. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I don't agree with this logic. Does that make me insecure for using product in my hair? Are people with beards and moustaches insecure for wearing something on their face? I guess that means anyone who uses perfume or cologne is also insecure about how they smell. Through that lens a lot of things could be misconstrued as insecurities when they're not.

9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I agree.
    I'm tatted and dyed and wear semi-permanant makeup and I think I look just fine, just like this.
    This is my look and I like it.
    Kids aren't afraid of me.
    Only grown ups who have their prejudices in place.

Also... Who needs make up when you have instagram filters?
    Lol

10. Yeah, most anything can be used in a negative way. But it doesn't make that thing inherently bad.

Deleted Account and Kenzi like this.
  11. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look better or feel better.

It's the same with wearing better clothes or trying on a better hairstyle.

There's not really much of a difference between a woman wanting to wear make up and for me wanting to wear a great smelling cologne.

It can be superficial, but I still want to look, smell, and feel good about myself.

That doesn't mean that my self worth relies on it. It's just a cherry on top.

There are people who wear makeup that have great personalities, people who don't wear makeup that have terrible personalities, and vice versa.

12. Exactly.

13. wearefamily87

That's why plastic boobs are such a cool thing. Well said! Every woman deserves to have big boobs if she wants it, there's nothing wrong wanting to look better.
    Next is ass implants.
    That's just a cherry on top.
    Good life!

14. Now we've entered a totally different category...

15. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You can make a case for anything being about something negative or insecurity.

Why own a nice vehicle? Why own a big house? Why develop your social skills? Why wear shoes that doesn't look worn out? Why doesn't everyone express themselves honestly? Why use an avatar rather than your real picture on a forum? Why use proper grammar and punctuation to make you look more intelligent? Why act and do certain things that make you look better than if you don't?

I'm not saying that there aren't superficial or shallow people that do these things, but assuming that you're better than someone just because of something they're interested in doing is foolish.

Tattoos are fucking cool and if someone wants to get ass implants for my viewing pleasure then so be it.

16. wearefamily87

Good points. You should answer those questions.

I am glad to be male though, because the pain that women have in terms of their "beauty" perspective is really painful... especially older women that don't want to age... that's the issue with makeup... you will age eventually... you might aswell work on liking your innerself now and looking for beauty there, and stop spending for products to help you prolong your so called beauty.
    Paying all that for fashion and make up, and even justifying it by "Body is temple, why not paint the walls" :D hilarious...

But hey, I get it...
    It's just like man would fall in debt just to get a nice car, so he can feel like a beast! And then saying: Why not? :D it's good...

We need to feel good, we need to feed those egos.

You can rationalize anything by logic as long as feelings are there to help you cover the truth.

astronaut prime likes this.
  17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Be happy deflecting.

Although... I've also never seen a guy go for a girl because of *only* her personality. :p

Nor will he keep one.

And I got news for just about everyone here.....

You all fell for the beauty myth.
    If you really think those video girls (yes even amateur categories) aren't touched up, that's laughable.

So, rationale that.

Because part of the whole reason you are here is helping thousands of women paint and pluck and wax and tweeze and powder and dye themselves into whatever they think you all like.
    So maybe, if you really don't like it... Change it.

But don't just go around acting haughty about it.
    Generations of men influenced generations of women into how we got here.
    And there's books and books of history to prove it.
    So instead of just being chatty on the internet, make one small step with yourself, because that's how change actually happens. With each person.
    Doing something.
    Not just sitting around talking doing something.

18. wearefamily87

19. Octoling

Octoling Fapstronaut

Breast implants... how do I put this... Its tough. Only the girl (and maybe God) could possibly know whether she's doing something for her identity or doing it just to get more attention.

For those trying to make the argument that these things are no different than dressing up, I say the situation is different depending on whether you're talking about clothing, make-up, or implants. Different clothing can definitely garner you more attention sometimes, but the kind that do are well classified, and the rest offer so much more diversity, and can say so much more about a person than his or her insecurities. Make-up affects the face, which is an area of the body that is more closely related to identity than any other part, and so to change the face is like changing the self, hence why it feels more like wearing a mask (but, of course, it doesn't have to). Boobs, on the other hand... not only is it the simpliest and most effective way of getting easy attention from men, but there's only one way to do it... bigger. Or smaller, i guess.

I'm not saying its impossible for a woman's desire for bigger boobs to be a quest for a realization of her true identity, I'm just saying its less likely and harder to swallow. Heck, there can even be a functional reason; some women's boobs are simply too small to make dresses look good on them, and they simply want to wear the dresses they like. But you can see why, from an outside perspective, how its so much easier to judge a breast implant than a simple make-up routine.

I guess another question I should be asking is... is it really that wrong for a woman to want attention? We all need attention, after all, just some kinds of attention are more wholesome than others.

The situation is complicated. I don't want to say anything concretely, other than that dressing and make-up and implants are not similar enough to be compared to in the way it has.

20. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Some women also get fake boobs for reconstructive purposes. It would be wrong to judge them harshly for that.

As for women who want them for more attention, I'm not interested in them. I'm not an attention seeker and I don't want any in my relationships.