1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers. Seems a big thing.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Archi Kat

Archi Kat Fapstronaut

Like @Blackest Bile just blast the cold water and dive in, sure you might stare at it for a while and think shit, no way! but it is totally rewarding!

Blackest Bile likes this.
  2. Darzchoke

Darzchoke Fapstronaut

i had to try one day but too afraid

3. Blackest Bile

Blackest Bile Fapstronaut

just do it my man. it won't kill you. it's only cold water. you'll feel great after it.

Darzchoke and Archi Kat like this.
  4. Had a warm shower today and it was odd.
    Felt wrong, and none of that rush of warmth that comes after a cold shower.

Blackest Bile, Archi Kat and Reborn16 like this.
  5. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

+1 having a warm shower and not finishing cold feels strange now, like brushing your teeth without toothpaste or something..

Archi Kat and SirErnest like this.
  6. I thought that the cold shower idea was crazy. Now I love it so much, I don't think I'll ever stop.

I have sort of a liturgy about it in the morning. I stand there with my clothes off, turn on the stream to fully cold, and say to myself:

"I really really don't want to do this . . . Let's do it!"

And then I jump in with a yell. And when I get out, I feel amazing, and look at that guy in the mirror and feel like he's pretty awesome. It's ended up being a really powerful way to start my day - starting each day by doing something difficult that I would rather not do, putting pain first and pleasure later. I really can't recommend them enough.

Archi Kat and SirErnest like this.
  7. Good work!
    I do it stage by stage, starting with just the hands, as I'm not ready for the full shock.
    It is oddly great, though, and many people reject the idea on hearing it, a little like nofap...

8. I started like that, but I can see the bathroom mirror from my shower. When I look at it, I see myself in this strained contorted silly pose, leaning and not trying to get all of my body in the shower. It just looks ridiculous, and when I see that, it just inspires me to do the manly thing and jump in full force. After doing this for months, I feel like it really has changed my willpower ability.

SirErnest likes this.
  9. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

I really don't like it. I tried it a few times, but nothing like a warm shower. I remember back in 2013, when I was a crewmember of a tankership, during drydocking the steam plant was stopped and the calorifier didn't have electric heater. Consequently, for many days we were forced to have cold showers. Bad experience...

10. It's worth just trying the hands, feet and head, then building up. Really great.
    However, winter is coming..

11. I thought it was crazy. Now I love it.

SirErnest likes this.
  12. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

I go swimming in a lake outside every 2 weeks. I will keep going until it's completely frozen.
    Wim Hof Method BABY.
    But seriously, it sincerely feels great (I don't know what doing coke is like but I think the rush is quite similar), and it boosts the immune system, increases testosterone (I know that to be a big thing among nofappers). Start as soon as possible before you get put off by the winter cold. Some days it's still nice now depending on where you live!

SirErnest likes this.
  13. Hmm I'll have a go at the Win Jog Method in time!