The Power of Wu Wei

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Do not even try bros. The most notable moments of our life are the ones that happen on themselves.

2. I hardly believe it, how are you so sure.

Contentful T likes this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

That relationship / health / career / reality you've always wanted happened by itself?

Contentful T likes this.
  4. Philomath

Philomath Fapstronaut

Well, I'm convinced!

Contentful T likes this.
  5. I don't even know what I am sayin hahaha.

Deleted Account and Contentful T like this.
  6. What you're saying is that observation, resting awareness, letting go and a sense of flow in action is very important. You're also saying that taking time out for rest and appreciating the small things in life are equally important.

These are key elements of Taoism and Buddhism or mindfulness

7. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Modern life is the disease. Fapping is just a symptom of it.

[​IMG]

8. There's too much anger and isolation in today's world I noticed.
    When I see two people sitting next to eachother both looking at their phones... Like why even be out?

im_broken likes this.
  9. I feel like, the more I try, the more I faked things out. I don't want to control anymore.

im_broken likes this.
  10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Who or what is "Wu Wei"? @LonxWolx?

Is it a mobile phone company?

im_broken and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Part of Taoism stuffs. It loosely translate to english word as "non action or non doing or to not force anything". Search alan watts for more info

12. I will try to articulate what you might be alluding to. Having too much attachment to your goals and relying on them for contentment is not conducive to reaching those goals or being content. A far better approach is to "lean back" (sort of) into the present and apply as much focus and tension as is required for the situation

You can plan ahead but maintain detachment from your goals in the moment

Letting go of control of the mind and observing the thoughts, using intuition (mostly i guess?) to determine which need elaborating on or which require action

This is much harder to achieve but also letting go of resistance to emotions and their sensations and simply resting back with those as well

I have heard this letting go described as sort of leaning back into a hot bath, and then applying as much tension and concentration as is required for your situation

This is a life long practice and even the "masters" are still learning

13. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

OK, thanks. I have a phone by Huawei and I thought Wu Wei was the phonetic pronunciation, maybe, lol. I still don't know how to say it, haha! :p

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. I have realized that in my journey. My goals became my escape instead of them being the drive for me to keep going forward. Without solid foundations in our lives, goals will just be a forever dream.