1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you guys feel like less of a man for playing video games ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I agree. Going out by yourself and doing something active ? Something you enjoy doing then ? But I’m kind of an introvert and it’s the middle of winter.

What do you do ? Give me examples from your life. What’re your interests that make you want to get out of the house. Also would like to point out that I don’t want to go out in the need of looking for a girl.

2. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

If I was in your situation I would buy Dragonball fighterZ and play as much as I want! I don't believe videogames are a problem if it's controlled. Of course, you shouldn't play all day, but everyone needs a break.

shen and Kman20 like this.
  3. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I love dragon ball Z! I agree with you too

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I feel that video games offer me little benefit. I'd rather go out and do things either by myself or with others. Try a meetup group.

Kman20 likes this.
  5. rgm

rgm Fapstronaut

Well I'm a bad example to be honest. Winter gets me depressed as hell and my gf broke up with me so I relapsed a ton, lots of good habits dropped and I'm barely eating.
    I'll get back on track eventually. Honestly I struggle doing those things myself. I know what I SHOULD do. but it's so foreign to me that I mostly keep to myself at home.

6. Fefefe

Fefefe Fapstronaut

Me too! During my nofap, I want to do something else insiead of playing video games!

I have found reading much more interesting but I am still developing the habit and make it regular!

shen likes this.
  7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    nothing wrong with playing video games especially once you have kids then you guys can really game out an they well think they have a awsome dad that knows all the tricks an secrets , i feel gaming as a child molded my mind, mario, racing games , mortal kombat, all those games, it help me perfect my skills an i see the world differently , what turns a woman off about a man who plays video games is if he allows it to take over his life, game out a couple nights a week its ok, just dont let it steal your amibitions, or time that can be used to study a course or skill, an dont let gaming cause you to neglect your loved ones, and you well be ok, i still have my nintendo ill play it, i wasnt playing my ps4 that much any more so i gave it to a thrift store last december, cause i knew theres parents short on cash an when they see a ps4 for sale at a thrift store it would blow theyre mind

shen likes this.
  8. shen

shen Fapstronaut

Ya I have stopped gaming for years now. Lost interest. However I would argue they don't make you less of a man, PMO does though.

That being said I just got a classic SNES edition with 21 games and intend to enjoy them thoroughly without being less than a man for doing so.

Kman20 likes this.
  9. shen

shen Fapstronaut

Ya I agree it's not even a concern if it is in moderation.

10. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

I am leaning towards answering yes to every one of your questions. I'm 34 and started off at a very young age playing ninetendo. I played a lot and when my friends in the neighborhood got the new systems I would go over religoulsy to play with them. Even duringAy college and post college life living at my parents house iIwould smoke weedwwith friend and play Madden and nba 2k all the time. IIwish I could take all that back. About 8 years ago or so I bought a PS3 so I could keep up with my cousins but the first game I got I hated then never really got into it or played. Still remember trying to go back to Walmart to return the game they wouldn't let me lol. I pretty much stopped playing altogether and looking at this thing right no sitting in the box. Video games play with your dopamine a lot. I would say proceed with caution or do not proceed at all.

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Since I'm single, when I play DooM is when I feel manlier.

12. Okay . Well ,I still play like around 2h a day probably. Not big gamer in the sense that I dont play many games at all. Just enjoying some Overwatch . I like the part where we call out stuff and things alike.

Now ,I don't know what to say but i feel ok when I play. It doesn't make me feel weird or anything.