1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Thanks guys! That's motivating!

discovery and Freeman82 like this.
  2. Ouch, get well soon!

And, wow, Uruguay! I love that country. Are you from Montevideo? Have been there several times and yearn for coming back...

3. Feeling good for the first time in a long time. Significantly reduced internet consumption and spending more time at home with family.

4. KumarJK

KumarJK Fapstronaut

Great going @Berry F
    I too feel that my thoughts are calming down since last few days.
    Meaningful, easy and tasks that we have passion about and bring us joy!! - well said.

5. KumarJK

KumarJK Fapstronaut

Your counter is an inspiration to me and others too am sure. Stay strong and committed! :)

6. Every day its a great idea man! here first, read, write, check in, then if you feel the urges go, but come here first.

RightEffort and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Nope. I´ve moved all around, just chose Uruguay because its quiet. I love nature and being alone, this is a great country for that.

8. We all know that "ugh" feeling for sure. I found that in the early days of a streak not wanting to feel "ugh" was a more powerful motivator than wanting to feel all the benefits. The benefits are far off whereas "ugh" is very real.

9. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Clicked like for 'Back up' o_O

Yes. It's important to check in every day. I personally do it first thing every morning with my coffee. It's a great way to set the tone for the rest of the day.

10. Journey2therealme

Journey2therealme Fapstronaut

That is a great suggestion. I should take up ukele since I have one, albeit, a cheap one laying around.

11. Sounds like a great morning ritual!

Coffee :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    First 24hrs :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

My plan today is to sit down and structure a daily plan from start to finish. I feel my addiction thrives when things are haphazard and chaotic.

discovery and artifact like this.
  12. Yes, I get anxiety over this sometimes. I start thinking about how old I am and if I’ll ever find someone. The unknown nature of the future can pull us into either a sense of fear or a sense of adventure; the former deals with an attachment to a certain desire/outlook while the latter, I believe, thrives off of a detachment toward your own desires/outlook. I think the important thing for me is the detachment; the ability to still try for what I desire, but to be able accept if it’s not meant to be. How much of our happiness is caused by external factors and how much is actually a conscious decision on our part? Have you ever gotten something you’ve always wanted and been disappointed?

I don’t want a relationship status or lackthereof to define my self-worth. I’ve lived that life before with someone and it was hell.

discovery and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Day one...
    Sounds like a chapter from a post apocalyptic book or moovie . lol :p

14. May I join? I'm on day 10 (PM)...

15. Compulsive Matt

Compulsive Matt Fapstronaut

I would like to join too. I'm 38, married, and have a great sex life with my wife when I can refrain. This last month I've been stressed about the holidays and fell hard on my addiction. No sex with wife for like 30 days. This has been an ongoing problem in my marriage and my wife is aware, hurt, and angry.

I'm on day 3. Going PM level, and my goal is 90 days, with a secondary goal of reconnecting with my wife who feels that I am "cheating" with myself on her. It's true that I've felt extremely disconnected from her over the holidays. Don't want a divorce, but my wife is miserable and fed-up. Confessed what was going on and it made her angrier. So yeah... shit...

16. @Bettermylife and @2pres90, we have openings in the group for both of you. Please reply to this comment if you are still interested in joining.

17. @Compulsive Matt, if you would like to join the group, I can add you to the waiting list. Check back in a couple of days, I'm waiting to hear back from the next couple of guys on the list. I will tag you in a comment (watch your alerts) when we have an opening.

18. @rkim, I see you got your counter working. Welcome to the group.

19. @Namaste1977, if you would like to join the group, I can add you to the waiting list. Check back in a couple of days, I'm waiting to hear back from the next couple of guys on the list. I will tag you in a comment (watch your alerts) when we have an opening.

20. Bettermylife

Bettermylife Fapstronaut

Yes Please

artifact likes this.