1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone speak something else then english ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Alpha Romeo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

I was just wondering if I was alone or not. I personnaly speak english and french and am interested in the russian language.

2. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

I apeak a little bit of russian and german apart from english, would be easier for you to transition to some latin based language, rather than russian.

3. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

I know I wanted the challenge though if I wanted an easy language I would've picked up spanish/italian or norvegian/german.

4. fapequalsdeath

Haha, it's the opposite for me since my language is closer to Russian and I can understand like 80% of what is being said but have trouble expressing myself since I don't have a rich vocabulary. My strategy to learning a new language is to learn the 10,000 most used words in it, have a sentence made with the word and the grammatical rule (if applicable). And getting a good russian-russian dictionary, with good definitions. Reading/watching news for official speech, and podcast/shows where everyday speech is used. And of course if you have some native speaker, it's the best I try to have chats with people in fps games :)

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  5. fapequalsdeath

Ow yeah, Duolingo is nice also, if you have 0 knowledge of the language. LingQ is nice also(I've heard) but is paid. But honestly, I don't see the point in paying, since there is so much free content out there.

Alpha Romeo and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I never did pick up a second language. It's hard enough as it is to understand people speaking english. The older I get the more I think we all speak a different language even if we use the same words.

SirErnest and Alpha Romeo like this.
  7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

It is the same with me and Italian I never picked it up but I noticed that I could actually understand most of it with my knowledge of french. It was quite weird in fact at some point I was with an italian dude and I would speak to him in french and he would answer in Italian and we would both understand each other.

8. Celibi

Celibi Fapstronaut

The same situation here. When I apllied for a job in a call-center I had to learn the basic italian in 2 weeks. It was also very weird for me to learn the grammar and vocabulary so fast. I was surprised that I could understand so many words.

Deleted Account and Alpha Romeo like this.
  9. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  10. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I speak Arabic, English and Turkish.

I’ve tried learning Spanish in high school, it went good but then I stopped and pretty much forgot everything.
    I’ve also tried learning other languages but I’d just get bored and stop (especially French! I couldn’t get the hang of it).

On a side note, there is a group here for language learners if you’re interested.

11. Abay

Abay New Fapstronaut

[QUOTE = "Alpha Romeo، post: 1880421، member: 214051"] كنت أتساءل فقط لو كنت وحدي أم لا. أنا شخصيتي أتحدث الإنجليزية والفرنسية وأنا مهتم باللغة الروسية. [/ QUOTE]
    هل من الممكن ان اتعلم منك الفرنسي

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

不是的.

GigglingTrout and u376 like this.
  13. Google Translate thinks this is a valid string in Chinese, Korean and Japanese

MLMVSS and Alpha Romeo like this.
  14. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Why is your name X in morse code ?

15. Because I'm an X-rayed member of X-men working for Xi Jinping, playing Xbox, coding in XML while staying away from XXX movies.

16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

17. I speak galician, spanish and english. Also, I started studying french a while ago, I just know the basics.

Deleted Account and Alpha Romeo like this.
  18. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Interesting, I have never heard of it before I knew the galicia region (I think thats what its called ) didn't know it was a language though

19. Native English speaker, but I speak Spanish pretty well too. My written Spanish sucks though.