1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am displeased that Disney is buying 21st Century Fox for 52.4 billion dollars

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Hollywood studios are reliable when it comes to delivering what the audiences want nowadays.

[​IMG]

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  2. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I heard Deadpool will still be in it's R rated glory so not all is lost.

WesternWolf and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Its a little scary how much power Disney has.... I mean I love Disney, but they're very PC, and I'm not a big fan of that. It would be really unfortunate for that to take over the entire world of modern media. To me, I've always thought of Disney as a very family-friendly name. I don't really understand why they would want to expand in a way that would completely change that branding. I mean sure, money of course. But branding is important. Part of what is so great and unique and special about Disneyland, itself, is the magic and innocence and purity of it all. I think it would be a huge mistake for them if they started bringing more adult things into Disneyland Park, like Deadpool for example.

Speaking of Deadpool, I watched the video above, and I'm pretty confident Ryan Reynolds would pretty much quit if they tried to mess with the R rating. So I doubt that would be effected. However, I'm not entirely pleased with any of the statements from Disney on that topic. They had a lot of words like "we THINK we MIGHT be able to manage that fine," and other soft, wishy-washy language. That alone is concerning for the future of films. Their response should be a firm "don't worry, we will not be changing Deadpools R rating," not "well, I'm not sure, I think our brand could PROBABLY handle that...." Idk, perhaps I'm being too critical, but I'm not a huge fan of this. Disney has too much power, honestly. It's dangerous for any company to have that much power.

4. Gotham Outlaw

I don't think they were planning on bringing Deadpool or anything else R rated to Disneyland. I do agree that they're making it look like they're uncertain they can handle it. I would hope they know ruining movie franchises would hurt their image. Most importantly the Simpsons predicted this, because what haven't they predicted.

KS1994 likes this.
  5. Well I don't think they are planning that right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they consider it in the future, especially with things that are so popular like Deadpool. Greed is powerful. It seems to me like Disney wants to have it all, and that isn't always the best course of action.

And yeah, it was really strange to me the way they sounded like they were uncertain. Why would you not be certain about that before making the choice to buy Fox in the first place?

Taylor25 likes this.
  6. If Disney make an Alien film in the future, then I wouldn't support it. The Xenomorph movies are always mature, violent and glory but I'm afraid that Disney will possibly control the R-rated franchise or they will just make an Alien film really friendly like Monster Inc. I just couldn't stand this news, at all. :emoji_worried:

MJ93 likes this.
  7. Gotham Outlaw

They'll make other R rated movies before another xenomorph movie. If those turn out well then maybe they can earn some trust from the fan base.

8. I Am that I Am

I Am that I Am Fapstronaut

Dude it's just American cinema. Get over it already.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Gotham Outlaw

10. Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  11. Gotham Outlaw

f3a96e1486ce2774ae12acb44b035faa572ceb8c7b258f9c95d93a81af6b6305_1.jpg
    I saw this on the internet a few minutes ago. I wonder if Disney realizes they paid to own this joke about themselves.

LEPAGE, KS1994 and WesternWolf like this.
  12. Damn, @Castielle's right. This post is still on point. I'm so fucking pissed right now because of yesterday news and I'm not to support anything Disney anymore.

13. Wait, what happened yesterday??

14. Disney now owns Fox Entertainment. The deal is done. It’s crazy how big they’re getting.

Deleted Account likes this.