1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What have you replaced your PMO time with ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Whiskeyjack, Mar 15, 2015.

1. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

I have spend my non-PMO time thinking about PMOing....and developing a sense of humour.

I intend to focus more on my diet, exercise, and meditation

2. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

In the past, I was intimidated at first when I joined a martial arts studio. After the 2nd class, you will realize that they are there to help you feel better and become more confident. Furthermore, you will notice that even the experienced ones in the class make mistakes.

Just remember that stereotypically, martial arts is for fighting; it's not. It's meditation in physical form. Class after class, you will feel more confident.

Just don't be those idiots who go home after a session, eat junk food, never work out, never practice their moves, then go back to class. Real martial artists practice at home, exercise, respect others, and don't think about fighting.

P.S. I'm 32 and there are many people around our age.

3. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Dr. NoFap, thank you so much for responding and for the explanation. I will archive this information for the future. I also wish you continued success with martial arts as well as your NoFap journey.

4. Buzzltyr

Buzzltyr Fapstronaut

It's amazing how much time is freed up when you completely stop PMO'ing even if it is only for a few days...i've been on it for about two weeks now.

I find that any activity that takes focus is a good substitute and also a good use of time. I'm reading more now, an activity I enjoy but was doing less of because of getting caught up in PMO.

I've also started learning a new language.

5. red30

red30 Fapstronaut

I do the following:

1) Take walks instead of going to the CPU for you know what
    2) Meditate when the need arises
    3) Reading
    4) Spending more time with family
    5) This site
    6) Learning about whatever piques my interest on specific day
    7) Learning how to be okay with who I am, which is most important
    8) Writing

It has not been easy. I have had times where the urge has arisen to do what I have done in the past. I do the above to get away from it. It has worked and now I am two weeks into my streak, which is hopefully going to continue. I had a 25-day streak last July and a 16-day streak in January. I take this as a desire to be truly free from it.