1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakups suck

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Capt. U, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

I sit here in my living room lonely and blue,
    Thinking of my ex, damn my head hurts I think I'm changing hue.

I sit here in this lonely room listening to led zeppelin writing my own blues,
    This would have been easier If I didn't love you.

Another one bites the dust, oh so they say.
    Just wish it could have lasted longer but oh well, I can only stay here and pray.

Pray that this battered heart heals and helps me move on.
    The road continues, I have to be strong.
    Lord give me the power to keep pushing on.

***Just some quick poetry.

Breaking up during recovery has really set me back. I have been compulsively masturbating just to get a quick high to make the pain go away. It's hard to sleep some nights, meditating and working out only seem to temporarily cover the void I feel in my soul. Hopefully I'll feel better as time goes by, I just wanted to vent.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. M'ing compulsively works the same way, doesn't it? I'm not a PA myself, but from the way I understand it, (P)MO can end up making you feel worse in the long run. I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope you are able to find healthy ways to soothe your broken heart.

Capt. U likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Except it doesn't really go away. It'll come back eventually with vengeance. Who knows, it may even be slowing down the healing from the heartbreak.

Capt. U likes this.
  4. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

NoFap feels virtual impossible at the moment. I still have a long way to go, but the heartbreak has really messed me up, still gotta fight on.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Take pain killers.

Capt. U likes this.
  6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

They are terrible indeed. My last and only breakup was two years ago and I still feel bad about it. Just find others things to live for, or before you know it, your name will be Infrasapiens and you will be in a forum with a group of preverts in recovery.