1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits i got from zinc

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Jack1211, Oct 31, 2019.

1. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

2. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

Great

3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Posting here so I get updates on when the OP ends up in a hospital.

Also, as a medical student, I totally see the potential to use this as a case study. I can already see my opening line:

"Experimental findings on uneducated quacks inducing zinc toxicity through chronic overdoses reveal a host of entertaining observations including, but not limited to: ..."

I'm so pumped.

4. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I will stick to only 50 mg Zinc Picolinate and balanced with some Copper.

alexg1709 likes this.
  5. Grey is colourless

Grey is colourless Fapstronaut

Jack1211 likes this.
  6. Grey is colourless

Grey is colourless Fapstronaut

NO!

if you work late shifts do NOT supplement. Do not eat extra.

Atheletes use up those treasures and increase the bodys daily usage!. Late night sedentary people clog up their bodies with that unused shit.

Jack1211 likes this.
  7. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Hey OP be careful, with too much zinc supplementation can also result in hair loss.

Jack1211 likes this.
  8. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

Its actually the opposite from my experince....i used to have extreme hair loss but with zinc i really thank god that he guide me to use it, its like a magic key that cure most if not all diseasee.

9. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

my mistake, I think that was vitamin E that I read of which too much can cause hair loss. Not zinc.

Jack1211 likes this.
  10. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

Anyway i think i should also consider taking copper too...

Get_It likes this.
  11. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Since you like eating liver, that helps. Liver I believe is rich in Copper.

Jack1211 likes this.
  12. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You're telling me you've been in sports your whole life and dont know that RDA is not a minimum or maximum ? It legit sounds like you got that shit from a quick Google search.

Grey is colourless and Jack1211 like this.
  13. Exit the Matrix

Exit the Matrix Fapstronaut

Zinc should be taken around 8 MG/day.

I suggest sticking to that rather than taking 100 mg and causing some form of toxicity.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  14. User019365

User019365 Fapstronaut

How long had you been taking it for when you noticed these benefits?

Jack1211 likes this.
  15. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

I noticed the benefits from the first time i take it...

16. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

There are some nutritionist in USA who think that we need zinc so much, that dose of up to 200 miligram daily would be suitable for people.

I can't recall the exact web page from which I read this information. It was before long time. But I can't stop to be puffed about this statement. In Europe there are only zinc supplements which contain 10-15mg in one tablet or capsule. And if you want higher dose per tablet or capsule the price for such a supplement is soaring up to the sky.

So, author takes 100mg daily. Can you folks from US picture yourself how Europeans and others are depleted, when it is spoken about food supplements???

Precaution to the author... you really need some copper in order to balance your mineral intake. Zinc activates metabolism, copper calms it, and also helps in retaining your hair. People who didn't intake copper for many years can go bald, deaf, and have aneurism of aorta.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Jack1211 likes this.
  17. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

I am actually saudi arabian to be spicific from south-west region of saudi arabia from a small village and not an american... But anyway i do eat foods high in copper like liver and nuts and whole wheat and i eat them everyday to make balance! Also i get rid of excsess zinc by working out everyday which actually make the body use zinc in a proprate way.

18. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

Inspired by numerous benefits you have received from 100mg of zinc daily I decided that somehow, I need to afford myself 40-60 mg of zinc, at least during 10-15 day period. If only I would buy the amount needed for whole month, that would be great. But I am ill, handicaped, and thus chronically unemployed.

I am anxious, and found on NCBI that people with anxiety have more copper than zinc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3738454/

I read about zinc and anxiety connection long time ago, but forgot it. And you reminded me on the connection.

Jack1211 likes this.
  19. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

I got 40 likes for this post. I didn't deserve such many likes. Thankyou brothers for supporting me.

20. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

I found a realy extensive scientiffic article on Zinc and it's role in infection and inflammation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5490603/

I now take 30mg of Zinc, because I can't afford more, and It seems that my body can't bear higher dose. Probably because I eat cheap food depleted in minerals, - i. e. copper.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020