1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by MotivationWarrior, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I recently bought two tubes of vitamins. A 500mg vitamin c of 20 tablets and a multivitamin of 24 tablets. I am satisfied with the vitamin C. The problem is the other tablets. It contains vitamin A and E that aren't water soluble. The tablet doesn't get destroyed easily in the water and also particles just roam around in the water. Also in the end, a small orange amount kept staying in the bottom. I filled the glass once again and drank again. I would feel metal and see lots of particles entering my mouth but the orange mass kept staying in the bottom.

Do I have to refill the glass again and again in order to get as much as possible? Or drink at least twice?

2. Burning star

Burning star Fapstronaut

You should stop making supplement industries rich and take care for your health. Eat healthy food and fruits and you will get everything your body needs

3. I eat healthily a lot but sometimes I get out of this habit that's why. Also I was sick and I would stop eating a lot.

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

If you're going to take supplements and you're a man, focus on the ones that bolster your sexual health and specifically testosterone. Virtually everything in our current ecosystem is harmful to our testosterone levels. I would strongly recommend daily doses of zinc, vitamin D, and selenium, in that order of importance. If you don't eat red meat regularly or at all, then iron as well. I personally take the first 3 as well as maca root powder, ashwaganda and tongkat ali and in combination they keep me feeling pretty "male" even at nearly 54 yrs old with a desk job. To an earlier poster's point, yes aim to get as much of the good stuff from healthy whole foods first but if you need a little extra help I'd go with the first three I named. They're all readily available and very cheap... I probably spend about $15 (US) total for bottles of zinc, vitamin D and selenium that last me a couple months at the recommended dosages.

MotivationWarrior likes this.
  5. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Maybe it's time we should stop saying everyone needs zinc and selenium I don't why but I was one of those thinking I need them cause I am fapper been so for years now. But when I got checked they were fairly at above average levels. I won't recommend to take anything without a prior blood test.

MotivationWarrior likes this.