1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the encouragement, it really means a lot.

JJ_Kino, Circleinthesquare and magvor like this.
  2. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

I agree. When I waste time on Chatrooms and PMO I feel like a loser. I'm wasting my life. As I get older that feeling grows. I know what I want to do in the day. It might be chores or things to do with my family or reading a book or watching a movie, but whatever it is, I know it. And then I can destroy that list with Chatrooms.

How many things do you say you don't have time for? Don't have time to work out? Don't have time to learn a new skill? But do you spend more time with PMO than is needed for those things? That's how I feel most of the time.

3. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Yes, I recognize that totally. I waste sooo much time, and then I complain that I don't have enough time...

JJ_Kino, Circleinthesquare and magvor like this.
  4. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

So true. I actually had a physical reaction when I read this - immediate recognition and a little bit of self-loathing. Pit of stomach kind of thing.

This is highly inspirational - in a "don't do this" sort of way. It's a great reminder of why I'm making the effort to be better.

JJ_Kino, discovery and Merry Terry like this.
  5. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Speaking of self-sabotage.. Freudian slip?

I've noticed with you artifact that you tend to go in cycles of 8-12 days (give or take) no PMO, then reset, and another cycle. Maybe not exactly, but more or less. Maybe subconsciously you decide that it's been long enough. Wash, rinse, repeat? You know subconsciously that this pattern is something you can manage because it's what usually happens. And having 10 clean days to 1 not-clean day is not so terrible, all things considered. So that's what you stick with. Going for long stretches is scary and seems harder, so you avoid it. All on a subconscious level of course. Consciously, it appears that you are 'failing' at the end of each cycle.

Of course, this is all conjecture on my part. But I think it's worth taking a look at.

JJ_Kino, artifact and persona2903 like this.
  6. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

Just saw my ranking in the group. Glad to be amongst you, fellas. Am motivated to climb up!

JJ_Kino, discovery, magvor and 3 others like this.
  7. MyBestVersion

MyBestVersion Fapstronaut

hey guys, just checking in at the 4 day mark. Good week after some long reflection after my last relapse.

I'm grateful for this group to keep us all accountable. Here's a great video if you have 20 mins:

JJ_Kino, discovery and artifact like this.
  8. Wow, I hadn't noticed that until I read your comment. See what I mean? I try to type "now it's my turn" and my subconcious turns "now" into "not". This is what I'm up against. :D You are correct about my relapses, maybe fear has something to do with it. I don't know if it's fear of abstinence from P and M or fear of success in general. But I do know I've gone 56 days before, and it was not easy but I can and will do it again. Congrats on your 60 days, by the way.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    JJ_Kino, NICEDUDE, discovery and 2 others like this.
  9. WorldWanderer

WorldWanderer Fapstronaut

Feeling down today. Questioning sense of purpose and my relationship. The urge to M was very strong. I slipped and looked at some risque pics on my twitter feed. Thankfully, my screen time limit was reached and I could step away without M. will be a rough day. Hopefully I can get myself to go for a swim. That will help.

10. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I’m checking in for Friday morning. I was in my front yard with my dog today and out of nowhere these hot girls rode by on their bikes in front of me (it’s summer time so you can picture what they were wearing). I looked, and then I found myself looking one more time (and that’s where I got myself in brief trouble). I quickly realized the blood was pumping down there; so I literally ran into the house and jumped in a cold shower immediately. That did the trick. Be careful of double looking at the eye candy.

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  11. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Things like youtube and twitter and social media are dangerous as hell for potential relapse. If you don’t need them for work, then any chance you can just shut those accounts down and just focus on nofap?

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  12. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

You have to figure out for yourself if your reason to quit PMO is valid. But if you’re not sure, then I’ll give you a hint to help you: if your counter keeps on remaining at 0 then your reason is not good enough.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  13. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

good to see you putting some days together again.

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. 'The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek'. You can do it man.

Thanks!

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  15. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

16. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Anyone want to play some NoFap russian roulette? You set a goal:like for me, I’m at 10 days; so my next goal would be to get to 21 days. And if I can’t do it, and I PMO, then I get kicked out of this group of 20, and someone else takes my spot. Thoughts anyone?

JJ_Kino and NICEDUDE like this.
  17. I've said it a million times before but starting tomorrow I am going to try and get serious. I am going to try to participate more in our discussions. I've also messed around with meditation a little lately and am going to start with just a few minutes a day for awhile.

18. Great video. Thanks for sharing that

GottaBFree, MyBestVersion and JJ_Kino like this.
  19. MyBestVersion

MyBestVersion Fapstronaut

Happy Saturday. Stay strong this weekend, gents!

20. I don't care for it. It would punish the people who need the group the most. It would also kick group turnover into high gear and that would be a pain to keep up with. Of course, if somebody wants to go that route it's their choice. Maybe you could start your own Russian roulette challenge thread for people who are interested.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    magvor, JJ_Kino, discovery and 2 others like this.