1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First Time Joining an Online Community

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Steady, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Steady

Steady Fapstronaut

Hello! This is my first time participating in an online community, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so. Here's some information about myself:

I most struggle with feelings of loneliness. After graduating from a college in the U.S. two years ago, I moved to a non-English speaking country and have never been back. I do not experience a terrible language barrier, but my ability to express myself in the local language is quite limited; I lack the precision in vocabulary I feel is necessary to have a deep conversation about how I'm feeling, for example. So despite being surrounded by the friendliest of people, there is nobody in the vicinity to whom I can really open up.

I am 24 years old and a virgin. If we were to construct some hierarchy of degree of intimacy, I would not have experience with even the first level. You would be hard pressed to find more of a virgin than me. Notwithstanding frequent bouts of loneliness, anxiety, and feelings of hopelessness, I have been stagnant on this front.

I can identify many other sources of distress, but my isolation and virginity are the largest two.

Now, to get to the point, I often masturbate to mitigate painful feelings. The most troubling consequence of this for me is my reflexive and near-constant projection of sexual fantasies onto the women I meet. On an ethical level, this makes me tend to view them as if they were fancy appliances purposed to elicit sexual pleasure, an outlook which makes me hate myself when I recognize it. On a practical level, I believe that humans empathically pick up on things in their interactions with each other, that many of the women I meet in daily life pick up on my dehumanizing sexual desire directed towards them, and that as a result of this my relationships with these women are damaged. A downward spiral follows in which I experience more painful feelings, masturbate, and exacerbate the said unhealthy dynamic in my relationship with women, ad nauseam.

I am setting a goal for 90 days PMO starting at the time of this post, around midnight July 22nd-23rd. I hope to develop a community here on which I can fall back when the painful feelings I've been masturbating away come unmitigated. I appreciate any and all support.

2. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Stay strong my friend, this community is the most beneficial thing I've discovered in my life (and I'm not exaggerating when I'm saying in my life), stick here and we are all help to each other, i only joined 10 days ago.

Steady and Marshall 5 like this.
  3. Igoumah

Igoumah Fapstronaut

Welcome to the community broo,
    Let's start a challenge..
    I just relapsed yesterday after 52 days of nofap

Steady likes this.
  4. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap!!!

Steady likes this.
  5. Finnda

Finnda Fapstronaut

Welcome and stay strong. We are all in this together.

Steady likes this.
  6. Steady

Steady Fapstronaut

Thank you all. Strange to say, but I'm already feeling stronger from reading your replies. Fight!

John Call likes this.
  7. Welcome, Steady. You can do this!

Steady likes this.
  8. KingDidier

KingDidier Fapstronaut

Hey buddy,
    I appreciate your story so much. I've had similar feelings/experiences, and just want to support you in your battle! I was feeling shame for a while for being a virgin, but I don't anymore because I know when I conquer my pmo addiction, I'll be free to enter into a beautiful, natural sexual relationship with someone I love and care for. I believe the same will happen for you man because you're clearly smart and intuitive. Don't let shame keep taking you down that path!

Steady likes this.
  9. Steady

Steady Fapstronaut

Thank you, brother!

10. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

Being together is what makes us stronger, facing that addiction alone was really not working, here we are help to each other.