Juggling Therapy: Moving/Active Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NebulousRiver, Aug 5, 2020.

Do you juggle?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd love to learn how

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Juggling Therapy? What's that you may ask. Great question, continue reading :)
    [​IMG]
    It is the act of throwing one or more balls in the air in a pattern, when this is done continuously it can induce a trance-like meditative state where time slows down, you are present and grounded in the moment, the pain slowly disappears while being solely lost yet so focused at the same time. Many call juggling "moving meditation" and I can gladly attest to this statement as I've personally been juggling for about 2 weeks now and as of recently accomplished the challenge of the continuous 3-ball cascade which is when the active state of peace begins to appear.

How is it connected to NoFap?
    Last night I was juggling and thought to myself how NoFap and Juggling are much related to eachother. How is this so? When you first begin, it is very difficult. You will make mistakes, you will struggle, you will want to give up, you will become frustrated, and it doesn't feel possible. However, as you take a step back and look at why something isn't working out.. You go back to the fundamentals, work on those with care, then add an extra ball and bam you're a success! When you are learning to juggle or are learning a new trick you may "drop the ball" A LOT! Even after you've been doing it for a while, you still occasionally drop. Mistakes are inevitable, but we learn and become better and more efficient in our approach each time - but only if we care to!

Just like our minds with PMO, as we intentionally stay away from PMO it builds up our strength, and we become a little stronger every day without thinking about it. As we juggle with intention we get just little bit better each time and it eventually becomes second nature! Development is gradual rather it's changing something in our lives or learning a new skill. As you get better at juggling the great advantages will begin to arise and you will be so happy you started, now you have not only a super cool skill to show your friends, but a tool to help you when times inevitably get tough.

What else does it do?
    • Sharpens focus and concentration
    • Relieves Anxiety
    • It's a light exercise that doesn't "feel" like exercise
    • Improves coordination
    • Strengthens your pre-frontal cortex, which is essential for decision making
    • Makes you feel calm, balanced, and centered
    • You can do it anywhere and at anytime
    Sound familiar? NoFap hits 5 of those 7 points.

I encourage and recommend everyone to juggle, it can be a wonderful activity and tool to add to your repertoire when embarking on your NoFap Journey!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Joseph Campbell, r8js and meromero1 like this.
  2. meromero1

meromero1 Fapstronaut

Great idea. I want to learn!

NebulousRiver likes this.
  3. Okay on the real, away from the more hyperbolic things. Juggling encourages brain neuroplasticity and bdnf release (specifically in the motor regions of the brain but all bdnf release is good bdnf release), so this is a completely valid addition to improve your brain. I am actually very interested in picking it up myself just to see if I can benefit from it at all.

4. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Very much appreciated such informative post

Juggling

It's easy doable things.....definitely looking forward to try it....

5. You guys should totally give it a go! You can technically learn with apples, oranges, tennis balls, or even rolled up socks. However, I personally recommend getting some actual balls as it makes everything better.. It's best to get a quality set for about $20 from a dedicated vendor like Higgin's Bros or gBallz. Obviously, you do what you can afford, you can always buy a cheap set off Amazon for like $10, but they'll likely break after a while due to material quality.

If you want a set of high quality balls, then check out Higgin's Brothers (HB Juggling Ball - 130G, 2.5inch) - these are the one's I got.