1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

POIS cure??

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by BeGoodDoGood, Sep 25, 2020.

1. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

I feel the classic symptoms of POIS every time after I orgasm. right now on hard mode and abstaining from everything. being single so don't have a choice.
    right now bit down as I feel there might not be a cure for POIS.
    can someone share their experiences with POIS and if they have been able to overcome it?
    apart from being PMO free what other protocols, supplements did you use for this?
    looking forward to some advice and help.

PerseveranceToday likes this.
  2. I have learned a lot of acronyms on here, but this one is new to me. What is POIS?

3. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

4. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I had never heard of POIS either, till now. Being a rare disease, I'm not so sure you'll find many (or any) who can share their experience. It would probably be best that you go to a doctor to be sure, and if you have it, to get conventional treatment now.

5. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

a lot of people are not aware of the illness and for quite a few in my opinion masturbation is an issue. maybe the acute symptoms of the disease are rare but the milder ones brain fog, fatigue, insomnia, depression affect quite a lot of people.

+TenPercent likes this.
  6. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That's just your Jing being super weak, take care of your kidneys and go hardmode. Is rare because most people don't have their Jing almost depleted, in so that one orgasm tilts the balance and makes you extra weak and with those symptoms.

+TenPercent likes this.
  7. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

POIS sufferer here. Antihistamines ease (but don't cure) symptoms for me. For anything more than that I would suggest seeing a doctor.

I find orgasm frequency correlates with the severity of my symptoms. If I abstain for a week or two at a time antihistamines really are all I need to cope, but I'm not able to go at it more than say twice a week without feeling truly awful, and even then twice a week leaves me feeling a little drained.

8. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

my best case scenario will be twice a week if I can manage that.. will reach out to my primary and see what they say. generally wary of discussing these things with sure as not sure if they will take it seriously at all or just think you are weird. have had bad experiences in the past.

9. dirtymint

dirtymint New Fapstronaut

POIS symptoms are textbook description of how I feel after sex/mastaurbating. Days after I still feel it's affects and my performance is sub bar.

I'm so aware of how I feel after sex that I try to prolong or even avoid sex with my wife because of how I feel after. It's like a part of me has been removed and can take a week to return. It's just not worth it to me and I would rather use that energy to create, build better businesses, get better at programming and get better and creating music.

10. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

yes, that's my approach too. however, we are human at the end of the day, and ruling out all sexuality is the answer either. I am sticking with my PMO streak and trying to see what other things which can help me. I just communicated with my primary doctor regarding my condition and waiting to hear for their suggestions.

PerseveranceToday likes this.
  11. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

had intense erections & Orgasm in sleep after celibacy of 21 days..good thing is don't feel POIS symptoms currently. I have seen only when I M bit intensely or on more frequently do I have the symptoms. maybe my years of intense hard grip M has made the little guy and brain sensitive to the M and should be wary of going forward. seems like progress in right direction.