How do you accept that you'll die someday ? Based on your religien/culture.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Dec 10, 2020.

1. The title say it all.

Everthing you've done.
    Everything you loved
    Everything you touched and built and felt happy to be with.

Will be gone and forever... It hurts.
    Everything will vease to exist once you die...

aricking and Roady like this.
  2. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

Its all matter of perspective.
    Someone who helped so many people will look back at his deathbed and think that I did quite well.
    Someone who just blamed other people will look back and say why the others are alive.. hehehehe

one survive out of an accident with major injury and live their remaining life on bed..
    one just died in the same accident.
    how can one say which one is lucky one.

According to me, its all how you see it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'm dead already... so better just enjoy the time remaining until the clock stops ticking, that's how I handle it.

Cultural source: Bushido/Stoicism

4. InTheWilderness

InTheWilderness Fapstronaut

Short answer: He is risen. And that changes everything for me.

5. Gaharit

Gaharit Fapstronaut

To begin with, I'm an atheist, so I don't want to write anything about religion. I am not afraid of MY death, It never scared me. I am much more afraid of the death of my loved ones, as well as the fear that I will be left alone. I think this is terrible ...

Mr.Tony likes this.
  6. My mother is gone, God rest her soul.
    My Father is sick with one of the horrible and terminal disease right now as i write this (Glioblastoma Grade 4 - Brain Cancer ).
    My father had too many sons and daughters, not my siblings, different mothers but same father, our relationship is complicated starting jelousy from the day your father married your mother, there is a hatred going on from day one, what scares me they will sell our house were we used to live me and my mother and him in case something happens to him... which means no shelter!

For now i'm half jobless, not really a stable having a job ( Still a student ). Just doing a few works. Meaning no money to help you at least to move else were for better opportunity.

The worst part is, i'll be a alone, nobody really to be on your side if anything happens to you. It though really though...thinking about it hurts me.

It's a reason why i decide to quite all my addictions for good, otherwise i'll end up living in the streets homeless, An ending you don't wish for your worst enemy...

Thank you, i tried to express my feelings in here, thank you for reading.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  7. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

God above all! God gaves us strenght

8. Drop Bear

Drop Bear Fapstronaut

Pretty much my perception exactly, i'm sure i'll reach the age where i'll get tired of it and want to have a looong sleep. Life is difficult, can't imagine myself to keep going through it for an eternity.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  9. This is just a fear of the Animal Consciousness , not of the Rational consciousness. It seem that we are not here for real (David Bohm, Max Planck), is like we are playing a videogame, did you know Avatar the movie? Where is your soul (plato ideal world theory) In my opinion you had just to make experience here, learn, this is the reason why some people are wise like Jesus and Sokratis and other are at the level of a Monkey (maybe, new or corrupted spuls, or maybe soulless) Other people souls are not your real problem.
    We live in a dualistic world, where everything is fractured in two pieces, from your brain, to the cycle day/night to the bad/god. If your soul is inside this kind of system (matter, 3D) that is the only one that can let you make experience, then Life-death is just another one of these, hope you will understand

Deleted Account and Mr.Tony like this.
  10. This is a high level view and perception of life, i like your analyze. Thank you.

What seem weird for me... Is that no one seem to know exactly:

- Who we are ? ( As conscious )
    - What is this universe?
    - What year is this ? ( Not the 2020, man-made timeline )
    - Where are we in the universe ?
    - Why there is balance in the universe (Day/Night) is there someone / a group of high conscious people of some kind controling it all ????
    - What is the point of our existance ? Why exactly this during this time (born during the end of the 90's - a garentied Death during the 21 Cuentry )

You see... A lots of mysteries involved...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  11. I stop listen to the science time ago, there is a nice quote from Aldous Huxley, that he was the heir of Thomas Henry Huxley, that litteraly found the Darwinism dogma, so if he said it, we probably start to think about if these sciences are really the truth or not. In my opinion he was just sending a warning to us, and we shoukd say thanks that he was a philosopher. There is the quote:

All our science is just a cookery book, with an orthodox theory of cooking that nobody's allowed to question, and a list of recipes that mustn't be added to except by special permission from the head cook."

Brave New World

These answers, as humans, i don't know if we will reach the real truth, but we can learn from the past. We can just make our own philosophy. We are just here for make experience in my opinion, who know...when we enter in the matter we lost our "real mind".

This is a nice quote from Giordano Bruno:

"Whether we like it or not, we are the cause of ourselves. Being born in this world, we fall into the illusion of the senses: we believe in what appears. We ignore that we are blind and deaf. Then the fear attacks us and we forget that we are Divine, that we can change the course of events, even the Zodiac.
    It is not the matter that generates thought but the thought that generates the matter”

Today, in 2020, we act like we already know the nature of the reality, but is not true, Science is just a religion, like another one, and if you want my opinion, as i said, science is in contrast with Christianity, they are like fascism or communism, ecc...you have to stay with one and fight the other, these are just trick for divide people, just like everything we learn at school. I suggest you to start with some of Tolstoj books as i do with everyone else, (better the books after 1880 because he start to understand, he converted to Jesus Ethic, but not to the church, they hated him). I think he really understand a big part of our existence with just reading the gospels and without enter in the esoteric chaos. Just make your own philosophy. When i started NoFap i had a complete esistential crysis, i was an atheist and i was sure of the thing i learned at school. Then i reset my brain and start to make my own philosophy, i don't know what God is, maybe we will understand only when we leave the physical world, i'm just sure that since we live in this, we will be limited to think that sun will go and return, we can't understand how is possible to have an eternal existence, hope you will understand what i mean. Some people will accept the dogma (Hylics, OrganicPortals), other can understand something or everything. (Pshychic and Pneumatics)

As i said is my opinion, ,ake your own philosophy with reading people like Plato, Jesus, Thoreau, Tolstoj, Rosseau, Ghandi, Arendt, ecc...there is a lot of good philosophers.

aricking likes this.