should i start nofap?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by XpzXp, Jul 14, 2015.

1. XpzXp

XpzXp Fapstronaut

Im 15 yeara old and I heard about nofap from a forum I like to visit and it recomonded nofap fir a couple of reasons so i started doing it. But than I noticed how hard it is to do so. Now I can only hold on to 4 days till i break. But aia also heard a lot of people sating that I should not start nofap and I want to ask you am I too young? Should I stop nofap? Today I broke when it happend I felt like its the only thing in the world that I want but afterwards I felt really bad for doing so. Am I addicted?

2. Calvinklein

Calvinklein Fapstronaut

Hey xpzxp!! Welcome to the community.
    Firstly i dont think there is any too young for nofap thing mate..
    Its like too young to leave heroine..
    Its really good that you started early.. Most of us here in nofap regret as to why we didnt start it at younger age.. We could have saved a lot of years..
    Dont listen to anyone who says you are too young mate.. Develop the habbit of nofap and the future you will thank you..
    Yaaa its hard mate.. But every day it becomes easier.. The first week is the hardest.. Then the more you go the more easier it becomes and more happy you become.. Trust me its totally worth it.. I am on day24 and i can feel the change in me.. I am really happy and more determined to continue :)

3. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

It really helps to use certain techniques to balance out the body. NoFap seems to build up this sexual energy. Most of the time people just throw it away through masturbation but if you are going to let it build up, you need to learn what to do with it. This will happen automatically eventually but you don't have to wait for that. This video shows the proper way to breathe properly. You may find it useful. You may have noticed there are a lot of Buddhists on this forum. Buddhism contains many techniques in the transmutation of sexual energy. Since you are 15 this energy is somewhat new to you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

You're definitely not too young. It's great that you're starting out at an early age. If you can nip this in the bud, your life will be much better for it.
    Read around looking for techniques to avoid relapses, get an accountability partner, and don't give up.
    You have all the self control you need to beat this, it's just a matter of using it. If you do slip, don't get angry at yourself or wallow in your misery. Get up, figure out what led you to relapse, and avoid that thing in the future.
    You may have some extra energy by quitting, so look into some kind of exercise. Running or walking is a good one. Push ups, sit ups, weights, etc.. are also good. Just make sure you have the proper form when you do them, so you don't mess up your joints. If it doesn't feel like a natural way to move, don't do it.
    Even if you don't have extra energy, exercise is a good distraction.

RyanRVA likes this.
  5. lennyoo

lennyoo Fapstronaut

Hey mate.

You're not too young. But please don't compare fapping to heroin. Sexual desire is a very normal thing and exploring yourself is too, especially at your age. We do not know if it controls your life or if it is really bothering you. Just ask yourself: Do you WANT to stop? Because that is when you can say that you SHOULD :)

My advice: Just try it. If you relapse, then try again. Observe the changes. Is it satisfactory to do NoFap? Then continue!

Good luck, mate.
    Lenny

6. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

Are you too young to eat right?

Are you too young to stretch and exercise your body?

Are you too young to spend your money wisely?

Are you too young to try to gain more knowledge?

Are you too young to stop PMO?

Nobody has ever been harmed by the above items. This is a wise thing to do and will benefit you immensely in ways you won't know. I never smoked, so I don't know what it's like to quit, but all I have to do is look at my uncle with lung cancer to know that it was a good idea that I never started. I'm glad I started eating better when I did about 10 years ago. I never regret that. And I never regret losing 60 pounds even though I've had to pass up a lot of fried food and cookies. Yes, we can no longer oogle sexy girls that we will never meet. We can never take the short term pleasure of touching ourselves while watching other people have sex. thats the price. But the price not to do these things is much more. Pay the price of not doing PMO and you won't have to pay the price of regret, ED, self esteem, and broken relationships. These things weigh tons while the price of abstaining from PMO weighs ounces.