1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaw exerciser

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Deleted Account, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Has anyone here used one? I got a YouTube ad for a piece of equipment you put in your mouth and use to exercise your jaw. It looked interesting. A quick google search will pull up several different brands. What do you guys think, scam or useful?

2. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

It is for cosmetic change right? I mean functionally speaking who has trouble chewing their food...

Agent likes this.
  3. Haha, mostly yes. They pitch other benefits too but aesthetics and feeing good is most of it.

4. Loving Life

Loving Life Fapstronaut

maybe mewing would work if you're looking for "improvements"? no real science to back it up but a lot of anecdotal stuff

5. REDBULL3

REDBULL3 Fapstronaut

Sounds interesting

6. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

It doesn't do anything if you have too much face fat. The masseter muscle can indeed grow, but if you are too fat, your jawline will remain hidden.

It's a scam in the sense that they advertise it as a way to get a chiseled jawline.

7. I imagine it will have negative, long term effects on your joints. Jaw size and shape determine by your bones - not possible to change that without plastic surgery. Would not advise the jaw exercises.

Agent likes this.
  8. Well I'll let you know how it goes. I got a new job with much better pay than my previous position after about 6 months of unemployment and lethargy so I am sort of splurging on self improvement stuff. I went with chisell over jawzersize after going down the relevant YouTube rabbit hole.

9. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

Good luck ! :)

10. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Hello, I suggest you try chewing mastic gum instead. It's very hard and it doesn't have sugar and other stuff. The reason that it is a superior method is because you don't only use your front teeth as with the device, -jawcercise- or whatever. It is important to make all of your teeth work and put pressure. People eating only soft food have melted faces and in the long term could be unhealthy for your teeth and gums. So this is not only for muscle toning but also keeping the structure of the face or even improving long term. Just try mastic gum or falim gum, which are very hard, to train your masseters, for a couple of hours a day or so.

In short to answer your questions: it does work and it isn't a scam. Any muscle in your body which is constantly contracted will get toned, it's the nature of muscle tissue. But it isn't ideal in my opinion.

Another plus is that you won't be seen sucking a big ball lol

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. The Archangel

The Archangel Fapstronaut

Just eat rare steaks

Retentionman likes this.
  12. I just chewed gum for 1-4 hours, really works & better then using a gimp chew toy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Retentionman likes this.
  13. Nah bro, my new chew toy is dope.

Retentionman likes this.
  14. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Don't do it it will messed up your teeth, it will only increase your masseter muscles and create bruxism and a weird looking puffy face

15. Your choice man.

Retentionman likes this.
  16. If that starts to happen I'll abandon it and start chewing gum.

17. modern milarepa

Thats what will happen if you increase the strenght and size of your masseter muscles it creates bruxism. I used to chave big masseter muscles for lifting weights. I did yoga and it helped to reduce it size. Gum will do the same as the jaw exerciser , it's just awful for the teeth. And to hear someone saying they do it for aesthetics, I tell you I had big masseter muscles it doesn't look good they are not your jaw bone. I was even going to get botox to reduce it size.

Search any opinion of a dentist on youtube about jaw exercises and see what they say.

18. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

What do you mean botox to reduce? You mean filling the rest of the cheek to balance proportions? If so, good decision not to do it lol

19. modern milarepa

No, botox is not a filler, is a poison that creates muscle atrophy so by paralyzing the masseter muscles by making it weaker they get smaller.

I used to have big masseter muscles exactly what happens when you chew lots of gum or do the jaw exerciser. But It happened because of lifting weights. That is why I tell this is not healthy or aesthetic at all I had this problem for almost 22 years.

20. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

oh wow I didn't know that, I thought it was just a filler for wrinkles because people look bloated.