1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thanks for understanding my thoughts brother, i really feel much helpless by doing sin , by the means of vision, but i will try not to even look at the things which make me aroused, may be thats difficult , but i will change me totally..#LIFELESSONS

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Right on brother. Right on :emoji_muscle:

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What is the meaning of your life? Why do you live? Do you think of yourself as of random vagary of nature?

4. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Double digits my Fellowship. Always good to see them :D

Let´s welcome our new member:

@KingWhalers

Let´s welcome our returned brother @BrotherHal . Good to be with you once more my brother, the Fellowship missed you :)

Lot´s of Uruk-Hais today, Saruman is having a ball :D

@Ruhns9593 @CrimsnBlade @TheKinginMaking
    9.gif

A huge salute to our sister @princess.01 which has arrived at Amon Hen. Congratulations sis, you´re a Warrior now, keep going!!! :)
    haleth 2.jpg

Have an excellent day Fellowship!!! Onward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

My personal experience with this is being self aware of this when it happens and to always have prepared a thought that you want to explore more as you move your look forward into the distance, fully acknowledging that looking at someone's butt or shapes or style and continuing doing so after you got all the information your brain needed to make an assessment, won't magically make that person look at you... especially now, since everyone is masked.
    Yes, your body, especially now, in this vulnerable period, tries to search for mates, it's a part of who we are, as human beings, but keep this thought in mind, if you have none other "How would I look like now, If I were able to see myself?"
    Now the focus of this question is not to think about yourself with the thoughts you usually have about yourself, but as a bystander looking at another human.
    P.S: Releasing this habbit will also make you more suitable mate. We all know that women do not actually like men that look at other women and they are less trustworthy towards such men, biologically speaking.

6. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

You see brother the world of consciousness around you and many individual consciousnesses are permeated with lust as a value by their upbringing(parents, friends, teachers, movie stars etc. Many moms are raising their daughters from the very young age by encouraging them to develop bodily features and manner of clothing themselves with the end goal of arousing lust not love -yes blind lust(as the desire to have sex just for the feeling of it and nothing else) by stereotypical influence of nakedness and certain bodily traits that men were brought up to view as sexually appealing and impairing their logical thinking capacity just by looking at them. You have to learn to discern what is the influence, of the certain forms consciousness has taken on,on you, you don't have to take your eye out but you have to understand that you were also influenced by your environment into believing that just sex and nakedness are good for you. When you walk around on your daily business and see some sexy form, talk yourself through what you really see - a consciousness which is trying to influence everyone raised to stereotypicaly believe that sexy body and sexual arousal are intrinsically good , which they are not. You have to change your beliefs and values as it regards to outside appearances and start valuing the inner content, inner worlds of thoughts, feelings, attitudes and believes that you want to live in and with....the soul of the person.

7. Your words are really inspiring brother, i must say that whenever i stared anyone , there was a slow but deep voice within my mind said it is not good to peep inside anyone's bathroom ,or try to figure out their nude bodies..it is much bad, but my physical body and mind enjoyed the "nude view" and " mind sex" with them even it lead to come in my thoughts during masturbation, when i was in school my mind wished that ,someday anyhow i wanted each and everyone of the schoolmates to be still statued, and i must choose the people whom i like most and also to get dirty with them, but as i grew up, i graduated from school, but my mind wanted to look more and more people, even i was got caught by my neighbour when i was on my terrace and trying to peep inside their bathroom window and even i looked at the nude body too...they caught me and closed the window immedietely...i was much ashamed and and full of regret that i wanted to change my attitude forever...i really appreciate your words i will follow it and make sure that i will get over this bad habbit..#REGRETRESPECT

8. Prophet Moonstruck

Awoooo!

9. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

@Slider8 Such deep questions!

I humbly say, I don't know. The most I can say is that it has meaning when I am conscious and it has very little meaning when I am not.

I live because my mother and father conceived me. Beyond that, I don't know. All I know is that when I really become conscious of who I am I will "know", and I will never be able to convey that "state" in words because the languages and theories of humans are short-sighted in the "realm" of all existence.

Not all the time. I go back and forth, it depends on my mood.

RiseToGreatness likes this.
  10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What do you think about the cells in your body ? What is their purpose?

11. I must say Your words are much more inspirational and it will also help in coping up in this world, because in this world many people just show off themself as sex objects, they transform themselves into a person who ignites lust in the society, but yes it is up to us whether we see them as sexy lusty things or just a simple being just like me...it will take time for me to change my bad habbit, but i will surely change my mind and i will keep going to change my poor consciousness into a more positive and self reliable one...i always felt guilt over doing any thing which my deep voice considered as wrong...even i tried to tell a lie to my parents, i also tried to steal money from my moms bag, just to take a trip around the city without telling anyone, actually i think i need to bring the change in me as soon as possible...i dont want a life full of regrets...i know it is only me who can change me completely....#YOURWORDS #THANKSFORBEINGTHERE
    #RESPECT

RiseToGreatness and Slider8 like this.
  12. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

11 days check in. Uruk - Hai now. @RiseToGreatness please remove me from hobbits. I'll fight to get there again.

13. Ruhns9593

Ruhns9593 Fapstronaut

Day 7 complete. My first days serving in Saurons legions are behind me! FOR THE WHITE HAND!

14. Prophet Moonstruck

From what I can gather from your words, you have not witnessed a lot of female openness towards you as of yet, however, acknowledging this, should give you more reason to continue this journey of NoFap and to use this time to hone your skills as to be able to describe them properly and start listening to girls...eventually talking also, exchanging information so they can open up to you and actually have a connection.
    And in case no one told you this until now... You are in too much of a hurry!

15. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 2

I’ve dearly missed reading everyone’s posts each day; the warmth in which you’ve welcomed me back and the support I’ve seen you all provide for one another has been an incredible encouragement - it’s reminded me why this community is so important!

I’ve had a great day today, I noticed a train of thought that would have led to fishing had I not caught it, so I’m hoping to remain aware of where my thoughts are at all times so I don’t make any poor choices. Can’t wait to reach the Shire and beyond!

16. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 2,

Active day and a significant amount of schoolwork in store for my evening. No plans to run tonight, however, I may try and squeeze in some jump-rope. I have a massage therapy session set for tomorrow which is something that I have been putting off since near the start of COVID. It does wonders for my hip! No urges to speak of today, however, I have been feeling a bit moody.

Best to you all brave Fellowship.

17. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

They are just as "important" as I am. They are no greater and no less. We have a symbiotic relationship with each other. Just like we do with the rest of the universe. Their "purpose"? I cannot speak about that, for I do not know.

Ruhns9593 likes this.
  18. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends

No PMO - Day 97 - 3 days to the century

Reflections - Staying with the aloneness, not running to external approval, staying by own side, not betraying myself. Trying hard to shift the desire for external approval to internal self worth.

Challenge daily your excuses to pmo -
    • Urges are back, but they have been away for so long it feels almost like a novelty to have them - terribly insidious these mind tricks my own habitual pathways play on myself. They are not novel, and yes they are terrible.
    Exercise - Continuous exercise

Cold Shower
    - Yes

Mindful Breathing - Yes

Practise BRACE - Yes in the middle of the night when I was woken by a dream that almost lead to acting out. However I have not been practising it and it is time to start this again, as the urges have returned.

Procrastination - getting stuff done, but not nearly half as efficiently or determined as I want to be

Vanity - not today - bumped into an old friend from years back recently and he was utterly down to earth, zero vanity, zero arrogance. I felt ashamed to have fallen so far into vanity these last years, and am resolved to be more like this man from now on.

Acting the idiot, boasting, blather - I resisted big urges to mess around and flirt this morning. I did have some messing later this afternoon with a group of colleagues but nothing like I had desired earlier

Study about the reboot - Freedom Fight - Combat Breathing

Follow a triggers prevention plan - one week no sugar, BRACE! Early to bed early to rise, be true to myself, do the tasks I set myself, do not watch anything with triggers

Why am I doing this? - for life, to renew my mind, finally become a man and experience what it means to be alive before the end

Freedom Fight - BRACE
    Sexual Arousal impairs the ability of the prefrontal cortex to function effectively in making Moral decisions & Impulse control
    B.R.A.C.E helps counteract this
    Breathe Deeply (4 secs deep in, 4 secs out)
    Remember the Truth ( this addiction isn't who you are)- Reflect on the Truth -
    Accountability -
    Call an accountability partner-
    Escape the situation - remove the temptation - escape to healthy outlets

The FASTER scale!
    • Restoration -
    • Forgetting Priorities -
    • Anxiety -
    • Speeding up - LUST
    • Ticked off
    • Exhausted
    • Relapse

Commitments for tomorrow - Humility, No PMO, Vigilance and Mindful of Thought (Extinguish all lustful fantasy before they are even a flame & any time I see a fault in another think of my own faults (of which I have infinitely more examples)), of Word (No bitching or complaining & Connect to my vulnerability by being reserved and quiet), of Action (Connect to my tasks and stay diligent and true to my commitments), Be very aware of danger everywhere for the next 3 days especially and most importantly do not take my eye off Gollum, not even for one second....
    [​IMG]

19. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Any tips on Stress management would be welcome brother...