1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

2. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 47, trod on!

3. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 3. Meditation at morning then I Worked in the garden , I will do some workout later so its being a good day with some urges but not a big deal so I hope I may end fine this day and wait for what the next day has for me

4. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Day 9...
    Didn't sleep well, so my mind is kinda foggy again. OOOH how this sucks. Also I woke up with that classical morning urge, but I managed to empty my bladder faster and run to the kitchen to have my breakfast. I'm getting those kinds of intrusive thoughts of curiosity that I know that if I follow them they will lead me to pmo. It all starts with human body / cultural questions that end up leading me to some fishing and when I come to my senses I've relapsed already. Not gonna fall for these!

Man, mindfulness with a sleepy mind is tough! Gonna rest a little more to night
    Goodluck everyone!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  5. MasterPablo

MasterPablo Fapstronaut

Hello, count me in! In 15 hours starts the Conqueredself challenge-new nofap war. Are you with me?

6. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

7. Tharkun

Tharkun Fapstronaut

Day 21. I've been busy today. The urges were not that bad but one thought poped out. When I was looking into if M is bad for your health I was reading that weekly M is proven to decrease prostate cancer or something along those lines. So my brain started thinking that by not doing it I'm increasing the chances of getting it... It's the usual rationalisation "attacks" from my addiction. But for this one I didn't have a good comeback. Anyone has a good answer?

8. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

14 days... I'll soon be a hobbit!

9. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

10. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

11. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

12. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Yes brother we are with you. All the best

13. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Yes brother plz plz I request you that don't fall in harmlessness thoeries of masturbation it is totally a trap. I don't know from where you have that research article (if it is a research article then try to find out the proof, if it is not then leave it by saying that it is a false unless i find any solid proof) if you find any proof about this study then may be this is a small benefit but you know well there are lots of harms of M so fall in it and prostrate cancer is a rare condition so don't be worried about it. Keep yourself PMO free and save your life.

14. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Day 14
    Day 15 we are almost equal in journey brother. Keep it up, we can do it together.

15. Jeen149

Jeen149 Fapstronaut

Day 15.
    There are more urges, so difficult to control, but my determination and awareness level is good so i am trying hard.

16. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

45 days.

First half of the day I had urges and felt fear that I would one day relapse. Second half of the day, I didn't feel urges and felt confident that I will not relapse in the future. Strange how the mind fluctuates. Also, it's so hot for us here in up the northern parts of the world (yesterday was over 30 degrees Celsius), hope the temperature will cool down next week. Don't feel like exercising but did some bodyweight exercises in the morning.

17. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Day 18 completed, escaped the Ringwraiths and crossing the Buckleberry River

18. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 32! Flat lining pretty hard. I do literally nothing of what I'm planning or want to do. I've noticed this behaviour of mine for the few past days.
    I've done meditation regularly and started working out again, but it still does not bring me on the plus side. My writing is slacking and that makes me feel more guilty.
    I also am in withdrawal from tobacco and alcohol, so that also takes from my will to do stuff.
    It needs a challenging challenge and some rewards associated with that challenge... Damn, I forgot how annoying this period is!

19. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 144 no PMO. Had some urges yesterday. Some old patterns tried to convince me to fish but I stayed away. Found myself praying: “lead me not into temptation” and that seemed to help. You would think that after 140+ days the urges would stop but I guess this fight will go on.

20. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

367 days dwarf king
    443 days no PMO, semen retention