1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

you're immortal, now what?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 24, 2021.

1. let's say you became immortal one day, what are you spending your endless life doing?

Redemptionisrequired and Atticus like this.
  2. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Finding a way to kms. Humans love chasing impossible goals.

DM10, SickSicko, Stulcifer and 2 others like this.
  3. have a lot of plans but play videogames for the first 1000 years
    then mybe visit canada
    also invest in gold asap

4. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I would spend eternity trying to figure this out.

DM10, CarP and Atticus like this.
  5. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Imagine having to wage slave it forever?

"I do this forever, then I find a new job and keep at it. Every day I wake up, praying not to, but my sin is too great and my suffering eternal." - Immortal Wagie Wojak.

CarP and FirefromAbove like this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

These kinds of hypotheticals assume you are immortal and healthy. But what if you arent? What if you develop Alzheimer's and spend eternity unable to remember anything that is happening? What if you develop every type of cancer there is and become a walking mass of tumours? Your skeleton degrades over centuries so you cannot move properly, your eyesight fails, your hearing fails, but you cannot die. The universe eventually burns itself out, every star there ever was going dim, until all that remains is you, a mindless vaguely human shape floating through the void. Forever.

CarP likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

If we assume that you are healthy, that you are immortal and invulnerable, then fuck it, I'll make it my mission to destroy Canada.

[​IMG]

CarP likes this.
  8. well that would suck
    but there may be cure for all of that in the future so

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

WAGIE WAGIE GET IN THE CAGIE
    WAGIE WAGIE DONT BE RAGIE
    WHILE YOU SWEAT AND SLAVE AWAY
    THE HUMBLE NEET STAYS HOME TO PLAY
    AND EAT CHICKEN TENDIES EVERYDAY

CarP likes this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

No cure for universal heat death.

CarP likes this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

If humanity doesnt develop FTL travel, you would be consumed when the sun expands, burnt away, but be unable to die. No matter how I try to envision it (unless you are also invulnerable like I said before) it always turns into some I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream shit.

CarP likes this.
  12. you would do the thing that the guy from jojo did (idfk what his name is kars or something) and just stop thinking after a while

13. boichywow

boichywow Fapstronaut

c'mon we're catholic tho

the nicene creed states it specifically, "we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come, Amen"

that means at the second coming, you will be made immortal, right?
    "Death, where is your sting?"

the sting of death is sin
    so when you're immortal,
    you won't
    you know
    jerk off

14. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Imagine getting a life sentence in prison.

Well, I guess it's not so bad with three square meals a day, a roof and a bed.

CarP likes this.
  15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

AM has altered me for his own peace of mind, I suppose. He doesn't want me to
    run at full speed into a computer bank and smash my skull. Or hold my breath till I
    faint. Or cut my throat on a rusted sheet of metal. There are reflective surfaces down
    here. I will describe myself as I see myself:
    I am a great soft jelly thing. Smoothly rounded, with no mouth, with pulsing
    white holes filled by fog where my eyes used to be. Rubbery appendages that were
    once my arms; bulks rounding down into legless humps of soft slippery matter. I
    leave a moist trail when I move. Blotches of diseased, evil gray come and go on my
    surface, as though light is being beamed from within.
    Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known
    as human, a thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more
    obscene for the vague resemblance.
    Inwardly: alone. Here. Living under the land, under the sea, in the belly of AM,
    whom we created because our time was badly spent and we must have known
    unconsciously that he could do it better. At least the four of them are safe at last.
    AM will be all the madder for that. It makes me a little happier. And yet ... AM
    has won, simply ... he has taken his revenge...
    I have no mouth, and I must scream.

I thought the link was going to be Johnny Got His Gun, which is a book based on a true story of a similar nature.

CarP likes this.
  16. I think they would give up after a while and just relase you

Atticus likes this.
  17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'd recruit you to help blow up Parliament. Finish what Guy "If you're an MP you're getting this MP5" Fawkes started.

This is the premise of a Doctor Who spinoff. Torchwood Miracle Day. In that the governments of the world start forcibly culling the ageing population by incinerating them, without fully realising they are still not dying.

boichywow and CarP like this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

If it was a Norwegian prison, count me in.

The irony here is the ending is actually a good ending, in a really morbid sort of way. This guy sacrifices himself so his friends can die, and AM is so assblasted by this that this is the punishment. He trolled that omnipotent supercomputer epic style.

There is one thing I heard about that is extremely rare, where your brain cannot perceive movement. So everything is essentially jump cutting around you all the time, which sounds horrifying.

Atticus and CarP like this.
  19. Read all the books and don’t talk to people.

CarP likes this.
  20. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Maybe. Unless the state got obscene amounts of money for the immortal prisoner. Then there might be prisons fighting just to keep you there.
    ADX Florence. Worst prison in the world, according to the internet.

[​IMG]

CarP likes this.