1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Pan Syndrome - I dont look forward for my future life, I dont actually want to continue living

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Dad got a little bit angry at me, being worried that I don't have a specific plan on what I'm gonna do if I finish my Master degree in 2 years. I'm gonna be 25 then, and I'd have to earn my own money by then

I study what I study because that's my passion, my hobby. And I want to become an expert in that field. I don't study it because i know there are a ton of jobs out there which are all well payed. I simply can't stand the idea of working for a chef, whom i don't care about, to work on a project, for which i don't care about, to work with other people for whose lives I don't care about. I will hate to pretend to be another human being.

Dad told me that I could give tutoring to pupils. But I simply don't wanna do it, as it's not a financial necessity right now (we're pretty good middle class). Also, similar to that chef situation, I can't stand working with someone I simply won't care about (here it's the pupil)

I just came to the conclusion that I must be a 12 year old inside the body of a 23 year old, the thought of a "career", working, relationship, you know that standard stuff "everybody" goes through makes me vomit and jump in front of a train.

If I will finish studying in 2 years, I'm gonna be very unhappy with life.

I just want to know from where did that Peter Pan Syndrome came from. I always thought that it may be Aspergers but I kind of think that I'm "too social" to be Aspergers

2. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

3. fishfoody

fishfoody Fapstronaut

I haven't heard about this syndrome before but after I looked it up on search, now I think I am also suffering for this syndrome.

I feel like a boy who hasn't enough childhood fun memories or hasn't played enough with friends during my childhood and teenage years. Well I don't have friends because I was addicted to pmo and pc and internet back then and now I feel like I am going to have so many responsibilities.

I didn't sign up for this and I want my childhood back.

I blamed it on my PMO addiction, It makes me shy and have social anxiety everytime I am done fapping. I wanna stop thinking like a man child but somehow I feel like adult life is hard. I know it's stupid.

if I could go back to my childhood I would want to life my childhood life to the fullest so I wouldn't have regrets when I turn adult. I regret having no childhood ... I guess I am a doomer and coomer

4. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Take a week to go through your childhood, you seem like you need to process some things. Reflect on what it was like when you were a child, feel those emotions to the fullest and then let it go.

The past is gone and no amount of nostalgia is going to make it come back, you need to look ahead, you can't drive a car looking at the rear view mirror the whole time, you're just going to crash.

The past is gone and the future is an illusion, you don't know what's going to happen, make the best of today, but also plan your next move and above all, ask God for direction.

Good luck.

5. I never thought that I haven't lived out my childhood properly and had to repeat it.

It's just that I don't see any sense in adulthood, because as I said, I'd have to care for people and projects I don't care about. It's like putting on the adult mask and playing a different role

It's kind of like "you need to go working, have a family and an own place to live because that's what everybody did"

My dad told me that he was happy as fuck when he finally got out of home and got his own work, and cannot understand why I'm lacking that desire for own entrepreneurship

Well, I don't know why. I just don't have the motivation to live i guess, or to pursue a career

Maybe it's because I know that if I die, it won't matter.

6. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

But it matters while you're still alive and that's reason enough to get after it.

You don't have to live according to what anyone else thinks, can I ask you what you want to do in life? What are your goals? If you don't have goals tell me your passions and hobbies, even if it's seemingly useless, I want to know.

7. Goals: Nothing. Plain simple.

My hobbies and interests are science (math and physics), languages (especially creating your own language), history, motorsports

Quezatolah likes this.
  8. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

That's great, why don't you focus on those hobbies and interests you just mentioned and try to build a life out of that?

9. How? Those hobbies are essentially useless unless you want to become a university professor which i don't want to, as for motorsports it's too late (you've gotta be a millionaire and young)

10. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Bro, you gotta quit being negative, you can have all the potential in the world but negativity will ruin you. Also aslong as you're negative you can't be creative.

11. But where am I being negative? I'm realistic I'd say, my hobbies and interests are "nerd stuff", and that's the problem here.

Why? Let's say someone studies maths, and if they want to get a job in some years it will always ultimately be a job which will be uninteresting as fuck (for me!!) like working in a financial sector or for an IT company, where you as a mathematician will do some smart calculations.

The same would be the case if they'd be studying physics, languages or history. Those are interesting subjects (for me), but If you wanna get a job you simply have to "adjust" to the given system. The only way to get a job in "pure" mathematics, physics, languages,... Is to become a profesor, but I hate the academical environment, I don't fit in into that

For motorsports, the only way to do something here is to get into eSports and even then it's not a guarantee that someone will sponsor you in the future in a real life series.

12. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Just pursue your interests and try to become the best version of yourself, you'll figure out what you want to do on the way, there is more than one path for you to take, this ain't rocket science.

13. I've been doing that for several years already and still i don't have a clue what to do. I'm even studying one of the mentioned subjects

I simply don't know what i want to do in life career wise. All of my friends have a clear picture what they wanna do, and have already done apprenticeships in companies they'd like to be connected with in the future. And I'm just like wtf

I don't know if I'm just a lazy millennial, or if that hustle culture is just ridiculous, or if it's both. But I already see myself trying to get myself fired from jobs I've taken in the future so I'd have an excuse to live with my parents

I'm just the kind of person who would take the universal basic income and not work and not do anything in life, just lay in my bed, eat the cheapest pizza you can find in a super market and watch YouTube. Repeat that until you're 80 and then dying

14. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

I see what the problem is, you are controlled by emotions, not logic.

You are more interested in doing what feels good vs doing what's right because emotions have no morals.

Untill you change that, you're going to be lost. If you aren't already doing it, start meditating for 5 minutes everday as soon as you wake up, set an alarm on your phone for 5 minutes, sit comfortably, close your eyes, breathe through the nose and focus on your breath.

As time goes you will notice you make better decisions and are more logical overall.

15. If I'd be logical, I'd chose entirely different career paths which I would hate to be part of but earn a good amount of money and be "insured" for the rest of my life

I can't be a robot, I'd rather be poor but happy instead of rich but pissed

16. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

You won't be happy aslong as you're driven by your emotions, being logical doesn't make you a robot, you allow yourself to express emotions at certain times aslong but with aslong as logic is in the drivers seat, not emotions.

17. I guess I don't quite understand what you mean with that emotional and logical thing right now

Let's say, id be more driven by logic and not my emotions, how would I behave about not knowing what I wanna do in the future career wise?

Because "logical" for me seems to be to choose a career path you feel you're most talented at, but what if you'll be unhappy about that career choice? I can't tell myself "shut up negative emotions, this is the right choice logically".

I will definitely not want to live such a life

18. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

You have no qualms about burdening your family and your fellow man, you said you'd look for ways to get fired so you can be lazy and cheat others out of their hard earned money.

That's a complete lack of morals and I feel sorry for your parents having a son who thinks like this honestly.

Just pick something that you don't hate and can tolerate, then keep growing as a person, clean up your selfishness for example.

As you improve as a person in all aspects, you'll come across something you really want to pursue. That's how it was for me.

19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Pro tip: do what you love, and figure out how to make money out of it

20. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

praising the tribe.