1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is waiting for women to make the move the right way to go?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Mar 10, 2022.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

It's how I got my other relationships, but any time I try to put myself out there, I get no response. I'm at the point where I'm just defeated. I don't want to try myself anymore

2. TheLoneWolf88

That's exactly what I'm doing. I just wait for someone to introduce themselves while I'm working out, but my autism forces me to avoid eye contact

3. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    there were afew girsl that asked me out before nofap but during nofap its been pretty silent, girls still give me attention ,but they just don't ask me out anymore.It may take forever waiting for a girl to ask you out,therefore, if you choose to wait for a girl to ask you out, I suggest taking some course or something that can bring you to sucess in life then when that girl asks you out finially, you well have a degree or diploma of somthing

IbrahimViking likes this.
  4. TheLoneWolf88

I have a tendency of letting a conversation run dry and ends up with them ghosting me. No one has ever asked me out in real life. All of my relationships were from dating apps

IbrahimViking and {Ananta} like this.
  5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    let me lighten the load off your shouldiers , the ladies love listeners , ladies love talking, if a man is a great listener an actually interested in what she says she love it, dont be afriad to speak up in the middle of her stories, if she she talks about something that your against let her know, if you think something is funny let her know, theres many types out there, so weare overwhelmed an dont search, i interact with alot of females, an tons dont click with me, tons dont keep the conversation going or ignore me, but theres a decent amount that we just click, unfortunately i dont have their phone number cause i didnt ask for it , i delayed now i regret it, so the ladies you do click with, please ask for thier contact info

6. TheLoneWolf88

Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at a very early age. The whole eye contact thing is mainly distance related or when I know they're looking at me. I always feel, no matter what, it would be very awkward

ricardo9879 likes this.
  7. Wally542

Wally542 Fapstronaut

Most women care about you when they see that you can be alone and still be happy.
    You do whatever you want and you don't give a fuck about what people think about you.

Now when a women comes up to you and tells you she likes u you're probably gonna get some feelings aswell if it's the right girl.
    The thing is at the start you shouldn't show to much that u care, go slowly, don't immediately give it to them.

Post some things on your instagram story or whatever of u having fun on your own or being out with friends, they'll see that you have alot of valuable people around youn and/or that you're someone who likes ot have fun and doesn't just sit at home all day.

Reborn16 and {Ananta} like this.
  8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i agree fully with this post

9. acedee

acedee Fapstronaut

Women generally don't "make moves" so unless you are born gigachad waiting for it to just happen won't get you anywhere.

What women DO is they indicate their interest by putting themselves in your presence or finding excuses to interact with you in the hopes that you notice them.

The gigantic lie that was sold to all of us by hollywood and popular culture is that if we are "confident" and "persistent" then we can "get the girl of our dreams to like us". That isn't how things work. How it does work is women decide within a very short time of meeting a guy, based entirely on his physical appearance and social cachet, whether or not they are attracted. Then they maneuver to get attention or "send signals". That way the woman never has to face actual rejection.

The hard part for men is determining which women are attracted to him, particularly over short timescales. Also accepting that the women who are attracted may not be the prettiest in the room, or match his fantasies.

ConfusedYouth and Reborn16 like this.
  10. TheLoneWolf88

It's funny that all of my relationships happened from women making the move first. However they were the crazy ones

11. My question, and I don't mean this to be a jerk, but why on your badge are you not
    abstaining from "O" ?

I don't understand because you always complain that you can't get a girl.

The idea of abstaining from "O" relates to abstaining from "partnered orgasm".

If you don't have a partner, and you are having an orgasm, then you are using M.

Right? Unless I am wrong.

Or maybe you just never updated the badge thing?

Either way man, as a friend and a brother, if you want to get a woman,

the reality is that they only care how much you earn through hard work.

If you are doing that, there is going to be someone for you.

ConfusedYouth likes this.
  12. TheLoneWolf88

The reason why it says that it because I won't attempt to stop wet dreams. I don't consider them to be a failure

13. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I don't think anyone here really considers them to be an "orgasm" either.

14. First of all, wet dreams are involuntary. And secondly, they do not count against a hard mode streak.

15. TheLoneWolf88

Ok. I was under the assumption that those going all hard mode would attempt to stop wet dreams from happening. I can't in any way. By the time I realize it, it's too late

16. Battlestar

Battlestar Fapstronaut

I think that socialization comes so naturally to most people and that they can't understand what it's like to have real difficulty with it. They think they have trouble because they get nervous or awkward once and a while, but they have no idea. They don't know what it's like to NEVER have anything to talk about, or constantly have to move the conversation forward yourself because the other person won't respond to you, or what it's like when the only thing you do want to discuss is considered "weird". I have no idea how people do "small talk". I've tried. The problem is that without establishing that initial feeling of comfort it is difficult or impossible to socialize. I'm neuro-atypical but not autistic.

1. You can improve. You may never be "Mr. Popularity", but you can cope better.
    2. It helps me enormously to have a common activity. Coffee hour is the worst. Anything you do together, no matter how insignificant, like helping clean up afterward, may help. You don't need a date, just something to do. That way you naturally have something to discuss. The activity takes the pressure off socializing and helps you both feel more comfortable.
    3. If you can remember names it's huge. People respond very differently if you use their name.
    4. I know how you feel, but don't give up. You don't have to bust yourself, but put some kind of regular nonjudgemental effort into it. Try to look for natural opportunities. Otherwise you might end up old and alone. You deserve love like anyone else, don't deny yourself the opportunity.
    5. You might come up with a neutral excuse for not making eye contact. I have a brain tumor, so I have to come up with non-specific excuses for forgetting things and so on. It doesn't have to be a good excuse, just something to say - even a joke. Verbally acknowledging the issue in some way puts people at ease, they don't care so much why it's happening.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Iohannes likes this.
  17. ConfusedYouth

ConfusedYouth Fapstronaut

Anymore advice? Because this is not bullshit at all. Women are physically and emotionally weak, so they operate in some conscious system to protect themselves from danger, so they try to pick right man for safety and comfort.

18. acedee

acedee Fapstronaut

The advice I got was that women don't send "mixed signals". its men who refuse to let go of their hope/ego after they are rejected.

Women won't say "no you are too short" or "you aren't rich enough" because they don't want a suicide on their conscience. They will say stuff like "I'm not ready for a relationship" or "I don't want to ruin our friendship". Because of that you ignore her words and watch her actions. Imagine if the girl was asking you, how would you respond if she was hot and how would you respond if she was fat.

The formula I learned went like this - note this was for 20 years ago before social media, I'm not sure about how it works now with modern tech but the principles are the same.

1. ask for phone number , if you get anything except for digits its the same as saying NO and you move on. (imagine a hot girl asked for your number, is there any circumstances where you wouldn't give it to her?)
    2. wait 4-7 days and call her (not on friday or saturday night). If she doesn't pick up don't leave a voice mail or text, wait another 2-3 days and call again, if she doesn't pick up the 2nd time then lose her number. (imagine a hot girl asked for your number, wouldn't you be anticipating the call and pick up immediately?)
    3. When she is on the phone, you ask her out for a specific event and time, not friday or saturday night. "Lets go to dinner thursday at 8" "Lets go ice skating sunday at 6". If she say anything except for YES or a counter offer (I can't make tuesday, how about wednesday?) then you lose the number
    4. Ideally you would pick her up but if you meet then you get there 15 minutes early and you wait up to 15 minutes after the appointed time. If it is longer than 15 minutes you leave. If she texts or calls and says she will be 15+ minutes late then you reschedule but it isn't promising.
    5. you pay for everything without asking, if she asks to pay for something you ether let her cover the tip at a restaurant or buy a snack or something.
    6. at the end of the date (or in the middle if you are feeling confident) you tell her you had a good time and you go for a kiss on her lips. If you don't get lips then she doesn't get a 2nd date. The reasons don't matter, like if she says "I don't kiss on the first date" or something that means she is inflexible and doesn't like you enough to break her "rules".

Now you have evidence that she is interested in establishing a relationship with you.

ConfusedYouth likes this.
  19. Look man, just do a hard mode 90 day reboot. Things are going to change for you.