1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 419

One year and a few days ago I started cold showers. One of the good decisions in my life. Improves your health and lowers your urges.

2. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Anew2019 first I have heard about non-dominant hand journaling. Very interesting :emoji_thumbsup:.

3. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

Good luck for the remaining 2 nights, you can do it!!!

LuckyMan, Kairose, nerdy_owl and 5 others like this.
  4. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

9/26/2022 completed

day 28 - No M / O
    day 6 - No P / Psub / addiction-induced arousal

5. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 21

Been holding strong. Getting horny lately though.

6. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Everything went well for 2 days but I didn't have a plan to deal with a urge and so when a strong one came I failed :(.

Day 0....

7. Day 3 complete!

My philosophy studies are kicking my butt right now. Stress is high, so I'm being very careful that I don't try to self-medicate with PMO, but I think this could work in my favor as well. If I remember that I have a lot of work to do and that I will need the full power of my brain to accomplish it, I will be less tempted to waste time and energy on PMO. That stuff doesn't help with anything at all!

@Redemptionisrequired I'm sure you've explained this somewhere before, but what do you mean by exposure?

St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for us!

8. The_mando

The_mando Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete!

Had some minor urges yesterday, but nothing to bad. I kept myself busy all day and went early to bed. Prioritizing sleep and trying to sleep for as much as possible. Because like most of you, little sleep is a huge trigger and devastating for discipline and willpower.

Today, after work, I am going to put together a plan for the next week with some habits. Need a good morning routine etc.

Have you tried melatonin pills? They work great for me. I take 2-3 mg the nights I can’t sleep. As far as I have read, they also have none/little bi-effects as they are a natural sleep hormone.

9. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

10. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Day 2

Urges to do it more and more after my recent relapse. It feels gone now.

No I didn't turn into a Nazgûl after all. :emoji_astonished::emoji_relieved:

PMO forces almost got me. I'm still here. Fighting.
    Keep on going Fellowship!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. daddyG1981

daddyG1981 Fapstronaut

12. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 38 no PMO. 2nd night in the hotel went fine. I got a little upset yesterday at my meeting and felt that so was in a potential relapse situation but I called my wife and talked to her about the situation that made me upset and she helped me see another side and made me feel much better. Tonight will be the last night of this trip. Anxiety is high but I feel I can make it one more night. Wish me luck.

13. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 154
    Another important story.... Homeless to Harvard......

14. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship friends!

78 Days Free of PMO.

Yesterday was interesting, I got some great feedback from clients and my leaders which felt nice. The end of the day lead to a higher degree of stress, I had a very difficult case that I had to work on. I did feel some urges in the middle of the night, likely my mind trying to combat the stress with it, as well as combat some anger that surfaced. I did not give in and I understand that its all a fake handout, proposed by my addict mind as a solution. I called it out and just let it be.

Stay strong!

@Gallade_Templar No problem brother, below is what I mean.

What I mean by exposure, is expanding my comfort zone. Exposure to the things that makes me feel uneasy, fearful and anxious. The reasoning behind that, is to teach myself that I am capable. Honing the skill of courage in the face of uncertainty and discomfort. When we face our fears, big or small, there is a compound effect that occurs. It makes us braver and more confident on a larger scale. One day, I'll write a more detailed post about what these fears are and at that time hopefully from "are" it will be "were".

15. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Regarding the addiction. Like I said, many chances until one day no more.

16. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

That´s very nice. Are their benefits in writing with the non dominant hand?

17. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

check in :D brain improving slowly, had very heavy brain fog that I was not even able to communicate with strangers clearly.

18. RiseToGreatness

yeah, i tried them. but usually they give me sleepiness the next day. so i change to camomile, lemon balm, or linden tea. i drink half a liter at night, and it helps a lot.

I also do the austin goh tecnique when in bed, to reinforce sleep. Against insomnia anything goes!! :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  19. RiseToGreatness

Good luck brother!! :emoji_muscle:

20. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut