35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 41. Checking In.
    Workout Day - 33

artifact and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  2. krazzer

krazzer Fapstronaut

Day 3. I'm feeling a little better. But zero motivation to do any work. Thankfully this is my last day and got 2 weeks off now :)

artifact and livinginhell like this.
  3. CactusLemon

CactusLemon Fapstronaut

Day 16 checking in. Been doing better recently and thankfully a few days where the urges weren't bad. I hope it continues

artifact and optimistic7 like this.
  4. Nice words by a 190+ successful veteran (with usual editing) :)
    • The journey was hard: I had sleepless night, I felt lonely, I was stressed, it was like there was something I was missing; I became so alone and broken. The journey was not easy.
    • If your not ready to go through fire accept the thought that your less of a complete man.
    • In as much as the discomfort of this journey persists, the benefit are also glorious.
    • There were significant and magnificent benefits: Attraction from everyone around me socially and professionally, high retentive memory, superb academic performance, increased productivity, an increasignly manly psyche, being more smart.
    • People will want to befreind you, and they will tend to see "something" in you which you can't figure out.
    • It's a journey filled with tears and glorious joy and I love every single part of it.
    • I had many failures but I trully never gave up.
    • Lastly, my message to all the people: nothing is impossible, success is not about age or wisdom, it's never too late, and the perfect time is now.
    • Be positive, set big goals and accept your failures and move on.
    A very big shout out to @The Conqueror 414 !

5. Happy holidays to you guys and stay warm out there!

Alex_Al, Martial, optimistic7 and 3 others like this.
  6. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Happy holidays to you too !

7. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 42. Checking In.
    Exercise Day - 34

Last night was very hard. Still I am here and safe.

8. The Conqueror 414

The Conqueror 414 Fapstronaut

Thanks keep it up..

CactusLemon and optimistic7 like this.
  9. You too man!

10. Thanks and you stay strong!

11. 21 Steps Summary to Quit P

1. This method is simple, it requires thinking deeply as a base.

2. It is based on the workings of the internal frames and ideas of the mind (ie. how you think). Simply put: if you know the facts, and change your thinking, you would find it easy to quit P and stay that way for the rest of life. You have to pay the price for freedom, and you have to work to make this work.

3. Addiction is fueled by frustration. Frustration is one of the reasons why we keep coming back, surprisingly. Something that makes you miserable cannot give you pleasure! Thus, P cannot be enjoyable.

4. Fear is the biggest obstacle to quitting P; it’s the irrational fear of missing out on something beautiful. The fear of being miserable and stressed out, with nothing to help you cope; fear of losing that release that comes in the end. Fear is the “root cause” of being addicted, its the hook that keep you an addict.

5. Fun fact: the fear, frustration, anxiety and boredom that are all actually caused by P consumption. You fear all those, while they are created by P; that’s where P and all addictive habits and substances gain their power (in your mind!).

6. Start with asking yourself and writing down the answers to those three questions:
    • What is P doing for me (how does it add value to your life)?
    • Am I actually enjoying it (think of the whole experience; before and after)?
    • Do I really need to go through life sabotaging my mind and body?

7. The beautiful truth is that all P does absolutely nothing for you whatsoever. Let me make it quite clear, it’s not that the disadvantages of being a user outweigh the advantages, it’s that there are zero advantages to looking at P.

8. Most users find it necessary to rationalise why they use P, but the reasons they come up with are all fallacies and illusions. You should remove these fallacies from your thought pattern once you identify them.

9. Life as it is, is not as hard as we think while on P, those feeling and anxieties are created by P withdrawal and dopamine imbalances. Life is way easier and enjoyable with a clean mind, yet many give in to the irrational frame of mind and think that P makes life “easier / more bearable”! Really, since when did anyone increase their success and get better after a P session?

10. P being the powerful drug it is, hacks the natural dopamine reward mechanism within us. P induces the urge / rush, when one gets his fix and becomes high, only to be followed by the crash where one hits rock bottom, and where one suffers pain, and seeks relieve by the very same P drug. This is 100% the addictive cycle, and it is called the trap.

11. To overcome the societal brainwashing, one has to know and belief the following:
    • P doesn’t fill the void; it creates one (feelings of insecurity and worthlessness).
    • Quitting P doesn’t mean giving anything up, because it didn’t add anything in the first place (that is a mere illusion).
    • It’s nice to be free, spiritual, productive and healthy (that is worth fighting for).
    • It’s nice to be fresh, clean and empowered to face life (which isn’t miserable when you are free and acting rightly).
    12. Advantages of being a P user: [ ].

13. We’re about to remove this brainwashing. It isn’t the non-user who’s being deprived, but the user of P who is forfeiting a lifetime of:
    • Health
    • Energy
    • Wealth
    • Peace of mind
    • Confidence
    • Courage
    • Self-respect
    • Happiness
    • Freedom
    14. What do P users gain from these considerable sacrifices? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, apart from the illusion of trying to get back to the state of peace, tranquillity and confidence that the non-user always enjoys.

15. Using rationality makes quitting P easy. Reverting to rationality when facing illogical thoughts, makes it possible to quit P for life. It’s a mental, simple and straightforward path. This makes you stop instantly and not look back. Nothing else would cut it (consuming P less has the same negative effects, it’s a destructive drug).

16. It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult. Stop junkie behaviors around P; abandon social media, P substitutes, arousing movies and scenes, taking with other P users and anyone in your circle that glorifies the addiction of P or addictive behaviors.

17. Remember that you are not “giving anything up”. You are only “gaining positives”. This frame of mind would put everything in perspective.

18. Don’t associate quitting P with external false incentives such as getting more social power, winning in relationships with the opposite sex, excelling at work etc. These are all external goals that takes time, and are circumstantial. Quit P as a gift you give yourself, to enjoy life and be a better person!

19. The method in nutshell:
    • Make the decision to stop P use here and now (cold turkey).
    • Don’t dwell on it; rejoice your new life and wait for good things to happen (however long it might take).
    20. The Instructions:
    • Keep an open mind.
    • Start with a feeling of elation.
    • Ignore all advice and influence that conflicts with method.
    • Resist any promise of a temporary fix.
    • Get it clear in your mind: P provides no genuine pleasure or crutch and you aren’t making a sacrifice. There’s nothing to give up and no reason to feel deprived.
    • Don’t wait to quit, do it now!
    • Make a decision never to watch again and never question it.
    • Remember there is no such thing as just one peek.
    • Never watch P again.
    21. The Affirmations:
    • I’m free from the slavery of P.
    • It’s easy to ignore my thoughts about P.
    • Bye-bye thoughts, bye-bye urges. Oh, there go my cravings.
    • I focus my subconscious mind to overcome P addiction.
    • P steals my time, energy and vitality.
    • Beating P gets exponentially easier day by day and in every aspect.I enjoy and value my P-free, strong, happy, light and easy lifestyle.
    • If I look back and think about my progress, it gives me great joy and pride in myself.
    • Every time I see other P users I get more motivated to see myself break that chain.
    • All that pent-up energy is healing my body and mind. Then, I can do more productive and challenging work towards my values and goals.
    • My brain is getting back in correct shape, getting exercised by me not doing what I was previously doing.
    • Now all that pent-up willpower is being used to handle lightweight stresses and strains of life.
    • Great, I’m free and no longer a slave!
    Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2022
  12. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

42 days. Officially 6 weeks done. Feeling a bit of urges but nothing as bad as last week.

13. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Overcoming some urges today. I will not give in.

14. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

15. Reset, probably reset my counter every time girl wants to play along. Only way I could build up a decent streak is hiding from her. haha! Least haven't been on any P sites.

CactusLemon likes this.
  16. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Happy Christmas to all here who celebrate it, and major thanks to Artifact for helping so many people by keeping this show on the road for another year!

CactusLemon and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  17. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 44.
    Workout off.

I want to go on and on like this forever.

18. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Relapsed a week ago during hard work, these mofos know exactly how to drain you at work, today is day 7 again, felt tempted yesterday due to the same reason after i was taking a nap, it was so hard to go to muaythai class after you're tucked in bed and feeling cozy, but i went anyway beacuse i know exactly what would happen if i didn't, anyways im proud of myself, im now level 3 at muaythai and im taking some courses beacuse im considering a drastic career change.

19. Good work; if you have a plan, well written and thought out, to change your habits; it will last you a lifetime. If you're only depending on will power; then sorry to say; this will not go so far. Best!

CactusLemon and livinginhell like this.
  20. Two Relevant Quotes in Fighting P.. for the Wise..:

It is no longer enough to automate information flows about us; the goal now is to automate us. These processes are meticulously designed to produce ignorance by circumventing individual awareness and thus eliminate any possibility of self-determination. As one data scientist explained to me, “We can engineer the context around a particular behaviour and force change that way… We are learning how to write the music, and then we let the music make them dance.”
    -Shoshana Zuboff, author of The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
    George Santayana

Thanks to @Awedouble !

CactusLemon and livinginhell like this.