1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

do i need to do cardio like jogging or ab excersise to get abs and lose weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by TheCarver, Jun 7, 2023.

1. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

[​IMG] as the title says, i been doing the 6 pack in 30 days app, but most of the time i feel to lethargic and no energy to do any exercises mainly because of my sleep is so bad that i keep waking constantly at night so i never get a good nights sleep. seeing a doctor next month about it,been prescribed sleeping medication, still waking up, ect.

anyways, yeah my diet is not the greatest mostly filled with junk food but i still try to keep a calorie deficit with a decent amount of protein in there. but yeah im too out of shape and i am wondering out of everything what is the most effective exercise? im really poorly knowledge on fitness but heres pics of what my body is currently at

[​IMG]

weird part about this is that i have more noticeable muscle in my arms but only really when i flex

[​IMG]

2. timmyjdav

timmyjdav New Fapstronaut

While the best way to create visible abs is weight loss, muscle growth in your abs can also help. It's best to train it like any other hypertrophy (muscle growth) workout. For hypertrophy, I prefer sets of 8-12 reps, where the last rep is difficult. Rest 2-3 minutes, and repeat for 3-5 sets. Do this 2-3 times a week. An example workout would be:

No gym
    Single leg Seated leg raises: 12 reps on each leg (if the last rep is not difficult, lean forward or do double leg)
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat x5

Gym
    Ab machine 12 reps
    rest 2 minutes
    Repeat x5

Personally, I don't do any ab workout besides squats and deadlifts with a braced core. I have a fair amount of fat, but my abs still protrude with slight visibility.

Obviously the best way to get visible abs is lose weight, but the workouts above might help with muscle development in that area. Good luck!

Attached Files:

3. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

Rope jumping and core training

i saw videos on youtube where people do 5 mins of rope jumping a day, for an entire month and the results are awesome
    Search on you tube and find out!

4. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Yup, calories in / calories out. Exercise regularly and be in a caloric deficit.

5. If you want to lose weight and get abs, you'll need a well rounded exercise routine that include resistance training (weights or bands), cardio (HIIT and LISS), and a good nutrition plan. If you're doing a 6 pack ab workout only and eating poorly you will never lose weight or see your abs. An ab workout is not burning that many calories.

You wonder what is the most effective exercise? That will be different for everyone, based on goals and fitness level. But the most effective exercise and workout for everyone is the workout you will stick too consistently and make it part of your daily routine.

Of course when starting any new fitness journey, be sure to check in with your doctor too.

Persistent4ever likes this.
  6. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I don't care what others say, you could run 20 miles a day and do 100 sit-ups, if your diet is off you will not get abs.
    Change your diet, eliminate carbs and you will have washboard abs in 4 months. Don't believe me, look at pictures of tribesmen in Africa. Their abs are awesome, and they never go to the gym.

Persistent4ever and DiegoSR like this.
  7. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

Yeah you will have to be eating at a calorie deficit in order to lose the fat on your whole body as well as on your abs.

8. Learner09

Learner09 Fapstronaut

First of all delete the app.