1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Rejection Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Iggy, Nov 16, 2015.

1. rocky77777

rocky77777 Fapstronaut

well , that is bad . as i dont feel any negative feelings when talking to people . doing crazy or funny stuff . i mean i had made some videos of me interacting with people and goofing around online . but never had time or mood to edit them and upload it to youtube . but now i am considering it .

2. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hey @Iggy !

Its really awesome that you started doing this. I never did, but I plan on starting today, considering its I'll be getting back into the dating game starting this afternoon. Are you still seeking rejection regularly?

There's a free iPhone app called "Rejection Training - Face your fears" that gives a different challenge everyday for 30 days. Wish me luck!

Ideally, I think I'd want to continue after the 30 days, but I don't know where I'd get the challenges. It seems like it'll take a lot of creative and mental energy to come up with them on my own.

Where have you been getting your tasks?

HopeFaith likes this.
  3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

So in on this epic juicy thread! Will report back tonight.

Caveat Emptor likes this.
  4. Caveat Emptor

If you'll be using this thread, I'll be doing the same! Why start new ones when we can consolidate it all here!?

Day 1: Ask for a bite of someone's food.

For lunch, I got a to-go sandwich at Subway. On the way out I was planning on asking someone for a piece of their sandwich, but there was no one there! Not one patron was eating there! So I thought I'll have to start tomorrow.

At about dinner time, my parents asked me to go to Panda Express and get dinner for the family. I went and on the way out I approached a gentleman sitting by the door "hey, what's that dish?... Can I have a piece?"

He let me take a little piece of shrimp right off his plate. I was shocked. I don't think he spoke English. He and his friend were talking in Spanish when I approached, but he clearly understood my question. He pointed at the menu when I asked what the dish was, which I thought was funny.

I'm excited for tomorrow!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Lucky1 likes this.
  5. This thread is gold. I'm not sure I'm past my anxiety enough to actively go out and do this with strangers since I can't even approach strangers as is - but I might start it off in smaller ways, doing it with people I know etc.

As an extension of this, a fun idea might be to force yourself into other uncomfortable situations. Uncomfortable feelings decrease with exposure in all situations, not just those of rejections. The kind of situations where you feel awkward, or like you're being judged and over-think things a lot - like perhaps:

- Paying in smaller change so there's the awkwardness while you're counting it all out (please don't do this to excess or do this at all if there's a queue behind you though, or you're just wasting peoples time)
    - Going out with your shirt on backwards or with greasy hair or something else not so great about your appearance
    - Walking into the wrong store, just to look around, realise, and walk out
    - Greeting someone that looks vaguely like someone you know before you're close enough to see if it's them or not
    - Talking on the phone in a public place about embarrassing personal subjects
    - Introducing yourself to someone and then purposefully going completely silent as if you don't know what to say
    - Starting a conversation with the person next to you on the bus at the start of the journey so that you have to stick with it throughout the journey if they decide to reciprocate
    Etc

Caveat Emptor likes this.
  6. sandz2016

sandz2016 Fapstronaut

Whooaaaa this is genuinely awesome. This is a hell of a good idea. First of all props on you for taking up this challenge. I am probably gonna think of taking up this challenge. Reading back on your posts you seem like a hell of a funny (and creative guy) guy. The pizza hut one still cracks me up haha.

Also, the fact that you are doing this in england makes it just that bit harder haha. I don't mean to say that in other countries it isn't harder but in America and the Netherlands I have noticed people are a lot more chatty than in the UK. Well done mate.

7. Caveat Emptor

Day 2: Ask a stranger to take a photo of you.

So, that app I mentioned in the last post? Don't get it. Its nearly useless. It crashes at the second challenge and has never been updated. So instead, I went to rejectiontherapy.com, (bought,) and downloaded the Classic edition. Its 30 cards, each with a different challenge. I shuffled, and took the one at the top of the deck. It read "Ask a stranger to take a photo of you."

So, on the way to class, I went to Starbucks. I was waiting for my drink. There were about 8 people waiting for their drinks. I was scanning the group, looking for a target. A lady and I made eye contact and smiled at each other. After she looked away, I took out my iPhone and approached her. I asked "hey, could you do me a favor?" She smiled and said "Sure?" I held out my phone and asked her to take a photo of me. She agreed! And even asked me to do another pose so she could take a second picture. I thanked her, took my phone back, and we chatted about coffee for a couple minutes, until her drink came out and she walked away. The whole thing was a very pleasant experience. A gentleman came up to me after she left and said something like "Nice going, man. You almost got her." I took out the RT card and explained the game. He thought it was a really cool idea.

Until tomorrow!

JesusGreen likes this.
  8. Caveat Emptor

Day 3: Ask someone to take a selfie with you.

Today, I took my dad to the hospital to pick up a prescription. On the way there I was explaining this challenge to him. He thought it was a cool idea.

While we were in an elevator. Two nurses walked in and I asked them if they'd take a selfie with me. They didn't know what a selfie is so I explained that too them, and they seemed really flattered, and they would do if we weren't at their place of work, but couldn't because they shouldn't do it on the job. They were also worried it might end on Facebook, which it wouldn't, since I don't have Facebook, but that's okay, cause I got my rejection!

On to the next one.

9. sih

sih Fapstronaut

I am definitely trying this. I am in my head way too much!!!

10. ontheway

ontheway Fapstronaut

Hey @Iggy where are you now? Not doing the challenge anymore?

11. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Today I just challenged myself to just do stuff. Mainly be real in my chat messages and saying what I really want to say. It was so helpful and freeing. Like I am so cat and mouse usually and it wastes so much time and gets me depressed because I always want the other person to guess how I feel and respond the way I want them to. That never happens. So today using emojis and words I just said and felt what I truly felt. Not worrying about trying to appear cool or nuanced because that traditionally leaves me alone at home wondering how can I get them back. It's the biggest bs ever! Whoever came up with being cool I just want to slap them - thanks Brando and Dean. Being yourself takes work, I never knew how much.

12. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Totally failed. Was doing pretty good right up to the end. Sharing thoughts, even uncomfortable ones, but getting them out. Then when it's time to leave, all I want to say is I love you. I don't. I have been in shock and beating myself up over this for the past two hours. I don't want to text it, I don't have the number to call. I have no idea when I will see this person again. What is wrong with me? I always think I have more time, another chance. Life and situations move so quickly. I can't always seize the moment, I'm just trying to get over the stuff I just revealed. What is wrong with me? I have no courage. Who would ever want to be with me. I can't take myself any more, I constantly fail at the important things. I can't do this anymore. I am so sick of this. This is why I am absolutely nowhere in my life.

13. anony mous

anony mous Fapstronaut

Let's revive this. This is gold I will be doing it in a ween once exams are over

14. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

This thread deserves more posts and people into this challenge. I would try it out in the restaurant that I work in, but I'm afraid of getting fired.