Can't be inspired by anything

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by The human failure, May 12, 2016.

1. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I've been trying to do Nofap for five months now. My highest streak is only 6 days though. There's something wrong with me, success posts just make me bitter and jealous. I don't think "Wow, I can do that too!" I think "Lucky bastards..." I'm currently on a relapse streak and its gotten to the point where I barely have enough energy to get out of bed, much less do any exercise. I just don't know what to do anymore, I want to improve but I just can't seem to.

2. BennyLow78

BennyLow78 Fapstronaut

mate, I think you're being harsh on yourself. this process is not easy. if it was, we wouldn't be here would we? really don't compare yourself to others. the success page is for people who have managed to beat this, and i'm sure that all of them have posted way more asking for help. don't click that link if you're struggling, click relapse reports or journals to get inspiration.

mate, state here, how you found this website, why you started this process, what is your motivation? and you must have some, or else you wouldn't have asked for help. also, post why do you think you've been relapsing, are the urges too strong? or is it that you don't realise that you're MO'ing before it's too late (trust me, that happened to me last time).

read this link, it has been useful too me, might give you a couple of tips.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/39omcd/im_really_excited_to_finally_get_this_to_you_guys/

keep fighting it man. you can do this.

3. The human failure

Well I started this because I thought that I could become a better person so that maybe my crush would like me. That was also my motivation, but she rejected me so I don't really have a motivation anymore.

I don't even think fapping is pleasurable, it just helps me forget about my depression for a little while.

4. Crazyhamster

Crazyhamster Fapstronaut

That's a start man, you had inspiration for improving yourself. So what if she said yes?(I'm guessing you're a guy) Does that mean that you were the most perfect guy you could ever become. No of course not, you will get rejected even more in your life. And indeed heartbreak sucks horribly (talking from experience), but life goes on.
    Nothing is holding you back from becoming the best person you could ever be. But even if you are your perfect you, not everyone will like you. That's also why this is one of my favorite quotes[​IMG]

5. BennyLow78

BennyLow78 Fapstronaut

well there lies you're motivation. 2 in fact.

1)to get a better girlfriend. if she rejected you, leave her behind. let her have her pick of men that won't satisfy her. you on the other hand, will use this process to build up you're strength and confidence. meet someone you like, get to know her, etc. you'll be in a much better relationship. aim for that.

2) if MO'ing is not fun for you, then find something else fun. what do you like? whatever it is take it to the next stage. like reading? write a book! like walking? go running. like art? paint? food? cook! whatever it is, go do it. as for forgetting depression, well MO'ing is just not going to help. replace it.

6. Pending

Pending Fapstronaut

Don't you see the contradiction in that post? You absolutely should aim to improve yourself, to be more confident and self conscious. So that if you take a look at who you are and what you do you can say you're content. But this isn't what you're doing it for when you actually say you want to be liked by somebody else. Sure, if you like yourself it's more likely that she might like you, but making that shift in thought is very misleading. I've repeated this mistake over and over, every time I told myself that now I was fine, now I'd do it differently and ended up changing myself to match the expectations of another person. No matter how special he or she might seem at any moment, if desperation tricks you into skipping thinking about yourself - your own wishes, your own needs - you are bound to fail and be miserable. Often times i thought I'd be selfish or arrogant if I acknowledged what I need and ultimately communicated this to the others, but this is absolutely vital if you want to be respected, liked and loved. As a clinically depressed person I know how hard it is to put that into practice. We know so much about how to do it right and often we fail miserably trying to meet our own standards, but I can tell you, hang in there, because you are worth it and you deserve happiness - and it will come at some point!

philstronaut likes this.
  7. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

Don't count the days, just let them go past without thinking about masturbating at all. Trust me, it will help.

8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Lately I've seen many of your posts, and I always see the same thing. I'm sorry for being hard on you, but you're much better than this. You want to be inspired? Take a look at my past life, and maybe you'll think twice. Also, you think you have it hard? Well think again. Listen to what I have to say, and take it in seriously okay? When I was your age, I was a high school drop out, and lived with my parents while being the oldest brother in the house. How sad, right? All my younger brothers and parents were sick of my behavior. I spent an entire year locked up in my house doing nothing but eating, sleeping, fapping, and living off my parent's income.

I was very depressed, and my anxiety was up the roof because I wasn't on my medication. I didn't care about my life, and I wanted to commit suicide many times. So how did I turn my life around you ask? I took the biggest step of my life by deciding to make a change. It was terrifying stepping out of my house because the anxiety was so intense. But I took little steps at a time, and soon enough I got my GED and went to college, went back on my medication, and had a better social life including a possible girlfriend.

You, my friend, need to close your mouth, stop making excuses, and start building a more meaningful and positive life. I see you as the younger version of myself, and I would be horrified to see you go down the same path I did. There is hope; that's what worked for me and that's what will work for you. You may not think this way, but there's always hope for today, and even greater hope for tomorrow. All you have to do is hang in there.

And another thing is that complaining about life will get you nowhere because that's what I did 10 years ago. You must take action; it will be the hardest thing you'll ever have to do in your life, but I guarantee you, it can and will be worth it. You want to have the same things I have right? Well, you have to work for it. Use every single person in your life for support, do things you normally wouldn't do like volunteering at your place of worship, a charity, or whatever. Find something that interests you, whatever it may be. You will build social connections just to get you out the door and start talking to people. If you can talk to normal people, you'll eventually talk to girls. That's how it was for me.

As you can see, the life you have is far different from the life I endured 10 years. Now that I look back, it is hard to believe that I was once that person. However, I had a choice, and so do you. Do you want to change or continue your life the way you're living now? Those are your 2 options, so make the right choice. Imagine how your world would be if you just get up, and start making some meaningful changes to your life. You will be scared, but fear is only conquered when you face it. After that, the things you're afraid of will longer bother you. In fact, it will make you a better person. So do me a favor, please stop putting yourself and start making a change. If I wasn't alive when I was severely depressed, I wouldn't be here talking to you. So be thankful for that. You have your whole life ahead of you, so don't waste any more time. The more you wait, the more opportunities you will miss. I hope this helped. Hang in there, and good luck man.

9. @Nemekian123 That was a really inspiring story, so tell me what type of job do you have now?

10. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Hi @aarondf thanks for the compliment. I was just trying to help someone out, so I thought this was a good opportunity to share my story. The type of job I have right involves horticulture. I basically work in a nursery selling various plants. It's called Pleasant View, and there are a variety of tasks that I must do everyday. So far I like the job, and I'm planning to work there full time.

11. The human failure

I'm like you except that I'm literally killing my grandparents with all the stress that I'm causing them.

12. whoami33

whoami33 Fapstronaut

you probably wont read this but i writing this down for those visiting this thread later.

i had some streaks before but mostly i was relapsing within a week until i said enough is enough, installed blockers on all my devices and also blocked their loopholes, qustodio on my mac, kaspersky safe kids on my phone and removed ipad's browser altogether with a random pass i wrote down and keep it outside in my car (you can have safe browsers in ipad too, i used them and removed them because of limiting my internet use).

you need to be sure and make the best use of the guilt after relapse, make that guilt productive by giving yourself helping hands when addicted personality is in charge, i did it by installing blockers.

nofap can be addictive too, relapsing and then promising yourself that this was the last time and you will revolutionize your life this promises can make you feel high but after the high is gone you will relapse, my recovery days till now wasn't elite, but i wasn't filming a marvel movie nighter. i decided that getting sober is more important than clinging to wishful thinking.