1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling guilty about expressing your masculinity?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kriss93, Sep 24, 2016.

1. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I wouldn't like a girl who liked beer a lot. I've never tried it but it looks really unhealthy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. That's a generalization on both sides. And that is not my experience at all. People are allowed to like whoever they like. I don't agree with what modern day feminism has become though. It's something else entirely than what it used to represent.

Hiraeth and Deleted Account like this.
  3. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

Sure that you are at least partly right in this Pepper. I am often "not heard" and this is really bothering me...even it often happens when I am with friends in a bar and we I am asking something directly to one of my friends, it often happens that he/she just simply don't answer to me, instead of that he/she continues his/her conversation with another friend...

4. There's a saying my great aunt always told me and it was, "What other people think of you is none of your business." And it's true. You are far too enveloped in the thoughts of what other people are thinking of you. You need to be comfortable in your own skin and you need to surround yourself with people that accept you for who you are. If you're too worried about or feel that people are judging you, you need to find new people. We live in an age where "gender identity" and various other things are more widely accepted than they ever have been before. If your "friends" treat you like crap then find new friends. You should be able to feel confident and comfortable being yourself around the right people. Masculine and feminine are meaningless words to people that are actually looking at you, your heart, and your character. Everyone is unique. You should find people that appreciate your uniqueness.

Strength And Light likes this.
  5. The human failure

If by embrace yourself you mean take hormones to make yourself more like the opposite gender then yes sirree.

6. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Thank you!
    You won't believe how much I hate stuff like this. "Oh all women like X and do Y. If you want to get laid, just do Z and be "manly"."
    I expect that generalizing crap on, for example, certain subreddits. But I had really hoped this place would be better than this misogynist BS. Apparently not.

As for the original question, yes, I know what you mean. Maybe not in the same way but I understand the idea. The suggestion of "embracing my masculinity" makes me wince and "masculine" is a fairly negative word for me.
    I think the problem is that the term has, like many others (including "feminism, btw), been "hijacked". What it used to mean I'm not sure. Maybe strength of character, politeness, honesty. Probably something else for everyone.
    But nowadays, or so it seems to me at least, the term is being abused by TRP and the like to basically mean you should behave like an egotistical, arrogant asshole who objectifies women and wants nothing else but to get into their pants.
    I'm not ashamed of being a man. But I'm ashamed of the roles I'm being forced into.

7. The human failure

well dammit.
    Don't get me started on TRP. That's the biggest group of circlejerking assholes I've ever seen. I agree with you, although I'd rather have just been born a girl and avoiding 18 years of this tightrope called "masculinity". I'm not even going to pretend like I know what the word means anymore, everyone has their own meanings and connotations.

8. Masculine and feminine have different societal and cultural meanings, none of which matter to the actual individual. It is not up to you to adhere to anyone's standards or stereotypes. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

Be yourself. Nothing else matters.

9. Cantkeepmeaway

Cantkeepmeaway Fapstronaut

All I'm saying is that .... Look at star wars battlefront. They have female stormtroopers. I never seen any female stormtroopers in the movies.

And if Hilary gets elected OHHHH BOY. Get ready for 4th wave feminism lol.

And no one "respects" women more then me. But I only respect them as a human being. A human being and nothing more. Not a princess from a fairytale land.

Hiraeth likes this.
  10. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

How can you tell if a regular stormtrooper is male or female...?

StepsReborn likes this.
  11. Lol that's what I was thinking

12. Cantkeepmeaway

Cantkeepmeaway Fapstronaut

Stormtroopers are clones of Jango Fett, who is male.

I'm just saying this forced diversity thing is a bit excessive.. it's like "oh it's your fault for being a male" kind of vibe....

13. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Nope. Clonetroopers are clones of Jango. Stormtroopers aren't. Hence FN-2187/Finn.

14. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Shush, it's all I'm good at. Let me have this one.
    Besides, everyone who has seen Episode 7 could figure this one out.

Deleted Account likes this.