1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Try fasting

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by HippyMan, May 8, 2017.

1. HippyMan

HippyMan Fapstronaut

So I am clearly a Muslim (a fuzzy muzzy), but I am not here to tell you how to interpret the cosmos. I'm here to tell you about how fasting (plus this site and related apps) have been the best thing so far for me in overcoming my PM addiction

The Muslim way of fasting is simple: you wake up before sunrise and eat and drink plenty of water. Then you don't eat, drink, smoke, get angry/ distraught, or look at women/ PMO until the sun has set. This can be more difficult depending where you live and the season (there is less daylight in northern countries in the summer, so more time fasting). I'm in Canada so I start at around 4 am and end a little after 8 (a total of 15 hours). You can sleep through it; don't exert yourself or when you do be sure to rest.

When it is done, eat with newfound self control preferably with loved ones, drink with pleasure of living, and smoke or make love (unless you're not trying to O, which is WAY ok). BUT your brain has re-prioritized what it needs; food and water come first. AND look at that, almost a whole day has gone by without PMO.

As I am practicing for Ramadan (where we do this for 30 days starting this year on may 28) by fasting on Mondays and Thursdays. I invite everyone, Muslim or not, to try it. It is spiritually and mentally rewarding and helps with all forms of negative addiction. You can do this! this is just another way to help. And if you try it mondays and thursdays, then please try Ramadan! 30 days to add to your count all while doing something that is very healthy for your body will be spectacular. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless everyone, regardless of spiritual beliefs or lack thereof. We can overcome this modern tragedy through faith in goodness.

2. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Interesting. The water part would be especially challenging.

3. HippyMan

HippyMan Fapstronaut

Yeah, coming from a non-muslim background, I was like "no water? But I'll die! I have had kidney stones why would I do that?" But it teaches you to be thankful and to drink more water when you arent fasting. Keep in mind, the first Ramadan happened in one of the world's hottest deserts - and they propagated it till today. The key is to drink water when you first wake up before sunset - which allows you to sleepily watch the sunrise in a trippy- mystic trance.

Dr. Jekyll likes this.